M360 and waypoints

Been told I need to get a separate GPS antenna to be able to get my waypoints to show on my M360. Is there a specific antenna to get, or is that the same as as a Heading Sensor?

I'm assuming it needs to be installed relatively close to unit on the bow. Once installed, will I be able to see the points I have marked on the other networked units, as well as be able to scroll and mark objects like I can now do with side imaging?

Yes you need a heading sensor to mark and display waypoints on the MEGA 360 view.
    It can be the Minnkota heading sensor with iPilot LINK.
    It can be the Humminbird AS GPS HS.

If you have Helix units, the AS GPS HS has to be at the bow.
    If you have a SOLIX/APEX, it can be anywhere.

Works the same way as marking with Side Imaging except the waypoints are displayed on the 360 view.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne. I know I have an antenna puck for my Ultrex, but it must not be the iPilot LINK.

It is going on a Helix, so I'll have to get it mounted up front. Is there only one heading sensor, or are the different models? Wanting to make sure I get the correct one.

Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    Thanks Wayne. I know I have an antenna puck for my Ultrex, but it must not be the iPilot LINK.

It is going on a Helix, so I'll have to get it mounted up front. Is there only one heading sensor, or are the different models? Wanting to make sure I get the correct one.
    The Humminbird puck is AS GPS HS which is a combo GPS antenna and Heading Sensor. It's the only one. Other Humminbird pucks are GPS-only.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL