Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rod storage in shop

Hey guys. No need ton reinvent the wheel here. My cousin sold his boat and will be without one for a while due to building a house. So he will be fishing with me for a while. He brought over all of his tackle and rods / reels (32 to be exact). We have a solid plan on organizzing all of our tackle. What is the easiest / best looking way to store rods. Ideas?
    2022 Skeeter ZXR 21

2. Member

3. Member
    I made hangers that I mounted to the ceiling above my boat. I have later found the same design online and at Lowes, etc. I like working on tackle from the boat so having rods stored above it works great for me and saves floor space.

Ceiling with J hooks
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

L brackets like these mounted fairly high up on the wall helps keep them safe and out of the way. Lay them longways and you can store a ton of rods.

Plussino vertical rod holder. I have these in my boat storage. It allows me to keep the rod butts off the ground, and I can stagger the rods so I can store combos side by side, plus I can keep the rod sleeves on. This is 2-sets of the V9.

Plusinno.jpeg

7. Member
    a box standing in the corner of the utility room...

8. Member
    There are a couple roll around rod racks in my garages. They work pretty well and are able to be moved around as needed.

9. Member
    I installed closet rods on my rafters. Holds way more rods than regular rod holders.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I used PVC to make craddle
    It hangs from the truss
    Walleye rods on the Left, Bass rods in the Right

Since he dumped all his rods on you, he probably needs a Dick In The Box storage unit...otherwise get a U-Haul clothes valet box, tall sides, stick in the corner of basement. that is what I used after selling and before buying new boat.
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

12. Member
    I made pvc tubes and just mounted them to the wall. Cut a slot to let the reel sit down in.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    Ceiling with J hooks
    x2

14. Member
    My garage is under my house so, I have low a ceiling downstairs.. 8’ rods won’t stand up…. Trapeze style hangers from the ceiling off to one side works best for me… too well actually.. there are probably 40 rods up there and I tend to forget what’s up there!! My regular use stuff stays in my boat mostly.. only a couple here or there get rotated out(like I might grab an extra flipping stick if I’m going to a flipping place.. or I’ll dig out my pistol grip 6 footer if I’m going somewhere to pitch precise casts under overhanging stuff…. And I have other stuff I’ll bring if I’m only going saltwater fishing)

Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    x2
    x3 I made a rod rack on the ceiling that allows the garage door to open. It keeps the rods safe from things falling over in the garage and is out of the way not taking up a bunch of floor or wall space.

I recently modified the rod rack to add another level of J hooks to double the storage capacity.

You can see the modified two row rack in this video.

Last edited by Delta Bass Fool; 02-19-2024 at 01:38 PM.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

Ladder hooks would hold more than J hooks. Alternate the butts and tips of the rods so the reels are not next to each other and you can get a decent amount on a set
    IMG_0586.jpeg
    Ranting incoherently

17. Member
    I made pvc tubes and just mounted them to the wall. Cut a slot to let the reel sit down in.

18. Member
    A rolling stand like this one is really nice. Easy to move around and doesn't take up a lot of room. Keeps the rods vertical too which is probably the best thing for rods.

BPS had a cheaper model a couple of years ago. Don't know what happened to it but it's the same design as the Rush Creek stand in the link.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/rush...g-storage-rack

19. Member
    I bought some commercially available rod holders on Amazon and mounted them to the ceiling of my garage above my boat. It's great for someone who fishes multi-species and/or doesn't have enough room in the boat for all of their rods. I can easily reach everything from standing in the boat, and they are completely out of the way. It's one of the best organization decisions I have recently made.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxFishing View Post
    I used PVC to make craddle
    It hangs from the truss
    Walleye rods on the Left, Bass rods in the Right
    That is exactly what I did as well. I added some foam covering to the pipe to better protect the guides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast