Thread: Leak!!

Leak!!

Put my brand new boat in water this evening. Auto bilge kicks on after about 20 min. Then take out of water about 20 min after that. Tons of water comes out when I take plug out. No water in live wells and never turned any pumps on to even try them. Any help. Calling Phoenix first thing in mornin. Very frustrated!

2. Member
    Check your fittings including the drains to the live wells. I had the same problem. The drain fitting on the live well had been crushed. Replace it and another hose and now it is dry.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

3. Member
    Sorry to hear. Likely a fitting issue

my livewell pump out leaked on mine. Dealer fixed

my other issues were wiring mistakes
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Put the plug in your boat. disconnect the auto bilge pump. Put the hose in the bilge and watch to see were the water comes out. It’s usually a simple fix.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billydonwon View Post
    Put my brand new boat in water this evening. Auto bilge kicks on after about 20 min. Then take out of water about 20 min after that. Tons of water comes out when I take plug out. No water in live wells and never turned any pumps on to even try them. Any help. Calling Phoenix first thing in mornin. Very frustrated!
    Brand new boat, why not talk to dealer?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    Brand new boat, why not talk to dealer?
    I texted dealer and no reply. And they are 6 hrs away from my current location. The local rep and Phoenix has gotten back with me already and have someone going to try to fix it tomorrow.

7. Member
    If you do a search on this forum you will find most of the leaks are the following-
    - missing sealant under rub rail
    - missing sealant around tie-down u bolts
    - livewell hose loose/ cracked fitting at livewell
    - missing sealant around drain plug
    2023 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Yamaha SHO S/N 6KWL 1004324

8. Member
    Found leak. It’s the thru hull fittings on the second level. The row of ones above the ones where the drain plug is. Not a small leak. Filling up very fast. There gonna replace them. Sucks but hopefully it’s all good after this.

9. Member
    if i bought brand new boat and it leak because they didnt water test your boat that six hour drive would been made

10. Member
    Phoenix doesn’t from factory and the dealer didn’t. I’d rather it get fixed where it is vs the hauling it back and forth. Phoenix is taking care of it no matter what. Just aggravating.

11. Member
    glad they are fixing it, but man - the number of issues with being able to seal things properly at the factory you would think the customer service folks would be tired of answering for somebody else's poor workmanship and whomever is the eyes and ears for QCing stuff on the floor would get it figured out.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billydonwon View Post
    Phoenix doesn’t from factory and the dealer didn’t. I’d rather it get fixed where it is vs the hauling it back and forth. Phoenix is taking care of it no matter what. Just aggravating.
    glad you found it.

I debated last summer an upgrade or not. The cost clearly a part but the effort getting the kinks worked out of a new boat is frustrating. My small pains appear gone now and nothing but Joy. wishing you the same
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

13. Member
    this is a dealer screw up there job to make sure everything on boat work as it should before the customer get the boat thank goodness Phoenix took care of it not sure any other boat company would do that

14. Member
    I would hope every boat company would take care of a brand new boat taking on lots of water the first time it’s put in the water. That sounds like a safety concern.

15. Member
    Same thing happened to me with my 23 919.
    But I didn’t notice it on the first launch, because the first launch was extra special. I scattered the lower unit the very first time I tried to put the boat on plane. Talk about being absolutely sick after waiting 6 months for a new boat. Irony is that I talked myself into the new boat so I could trust the motor!
    Seems like the dealer found more leaks than just the one I found on the second trip out after getting the LU replaced.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearplane04 View Post
    Same thing happened to me with my 23 919.
    But I didn’t notice it on the first launch, because the first launch was extra special. I scattered the lower unit the very first time I tried to put the boat on plane. Talk about being absolutely sick after waiting 6 months for a new boat. Irony is that I talked myself into the new boat so I could trust the motor!
    Seems like the dealer found more leaks than just the one I found on the second trip out after getting the LU replaced.
    That’s crazy. Not sure what’s going on but it’s not good.