Thread: 20xd livewell

20xd livewell

Has anyone replaced the livewell only. I have solid transom and battery box livewell has a small crack that could be repaired but I would really like to have a white livewell so I can see in it better in darker conditions without putting lights in. Without some kind of paint or cover up job. I’m curious to see how hard or if possible to replace livewell with new white fiberglass with divider . Also wouldn’t have to be as deep as it is now. I have a 93 20xd. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Member
    Man out of all the years in a Bullet and keeping up with people owners that’s one I don’t think I have came across. Wanting to replace the live well. Don’t get me wrong I understand the color change. That black can be hard to see fish in. The newer models with lights do help. I added lights to my previous bullet and they did fine. Never leaked, and they looked factory done. They may could have been a little brighter. When you put east Tn smallmouth in those black live wells those thing stripe up with a lot of black. Makes for some pretty pictures though.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfordz20 View Post
    Has anyone replaced the livewell only. I have solid transom and battery box livewell has a small crack that could be repaired but I would really like to have a white livewell so I can see in it better in darker conditions without putting lights in. Without some kind of paint or cover up job. I’m curious to see how hard or if possible to replace livewell with new white fiberglass with divider . Also wouldn’t have to be as deep as it is now. I have a 93 20xd. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
    . Maybe this is something you might consider I did this to mine an it works great for me. Go to the dollar store Walmart etc an get you a white shower mat an cut it down to fit. It works really well an simple to do.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullred View Post
    . Maybe this is something you might consider I did this to mine an it works great for me. Go to the dollar store Walmart etc a get you a white shower mat a cut it down to fit. It works really well a simple to do.
    You can also use closed cell expanding foam 2 part mixture an it will get hard as a rock a seal off any cracks. I did it too my 93 20xd my live well bottom busted out, it lasted for years before I bought another hull. You will have to deal with the drain because the foam will swell up past it.

I guess you can fix the crack correctly, sand inside livewells and paint with your choice of Awlgrip….I know from working on boats for a living in my shop, Awlgrip makes great products but I would contact them directly to discuss. They have great customer service.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com