Spring Fishing Trip

I am looking for recommendations on a lake/river or two for a spring fishing trip. Never fished in Indiana so any thoughts are welcome. Also thinking of mid March, good timing? Bass fishing. Thanks

What you wanting to fish for? And what part of the state you thinking of coming to?

Mid March can be hit or miss, just depends on the weather. Most of the northern half of the state has smaller natural lakes, that tend to warm up quickly. Fishing can be very good with a few warm days in the row on most of the small lakes, fishing shallow areas with traps and wake baits.

Southern half has a lot less lakes, but monroe and patoka are the two largest lakes in the state. Some strip pits on the south west side of the state and can be good fishing as well.

If you want access to a bunch of lakes, the warsaw area in pretty centralized for a number of lakes. Winona in warsaw can be really good in the spring for bass, pike, and crappie with some bonus walleye.

Barbee chain has good muskie, bass, and panfish. Tippecanoe has all of the same. Webster is very good for muskie and has nice bass fishing, crappie fishing can also be good.

Wawasee has good pike, perch, and bass including smallmouth, it is also the largest natural lake, and has syracuse lake attached to it thru a channel.

There are about 40 more lakes within a hour of warsaw as well, most 300 acres or smaller.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

3. Member
    Mid-March isn't a great time to come to Indiana. You may want to keep driving to Dale Hollow or Ky Lake.

April 2nd was probably first day we did good last year. That was a jerkbait bite. Weather is weird this year though.

5. Member
    Was looking to bass fish. Looks like maybe April is better timing.

6. Member
    If I was you I’d go to LSC at the end of April and get on some good Smallei’s.

Went out yesterday, had a pretty decent day with I think 16 fish between 2-3 1/2lbs. Was fun at least. Water temp was 40-41. At least one of the other boats on the lake were catching fish as well.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere