Osage Beach/Lake of the Ozarks Spring Trip - Advice

Long time no post! Looking to drive down from WI to LOTO March 30th-April 5th. I stayed in Osage Beach many years ago and fished in early April, very cold that year only fished one day and still got into a few. Hopefully this year the weather is warmer. Its a family trip - bass fishing is priority, still need a day to explore or have other things to do if needed. Looking for a VRBO on the water so wife and kids could go do something if I want to fish for 12 hours! In general if your within 20 miles of Osage Beach is the fishing somewhat the same? Coming from WI not expecting 50 fish per day. Not looking for hotspots or locations. Just a decent landing spot for a few days. Weekday Derby would be fun too!

Thanks much appreciated...
    Charlie - Can bring Cheese for right info!

2. Member
    Don't know about places to stay but you should be right in the Wiggle Wart/Rock Crawler pre-spawn bite. Jig, jerkbait, and A-rig should be good too.

Yep, you could hit the WW bite just right. It’s lights out then. I think Robins Resort is still open at the Glaize bridge.

Wow - 6 pages back! Thanks for the information. I have some old Wiggle Warts from my early years of Smallmouth fishing. I was new to river fishing and Wisco Smallies love Wiggle Warts. My wrist still hurts. Most likely we will find a place around Osage, lots of places available on VRBO. The weather in WI has been very warm, mid 50's this week. Can't wait to get the Caracal out and start prepping for the trip. Good luck! Additional information appreciated.

5. Banned
    Bring your crappie rod and shoot docks if the bass fishing gets slow.

6. Member
    Check this website for tournaments. There have been some guys putting on a tournament on Tuesdays I believe.

https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/WP...n=Search+Again

Happy Easter! Boat is in the water, just barely! Staying close to Randall Point and wow is the water low. At least I got into my slip. Couple things I could use help with. I have a Navionics chip in my HB but no LOTO loaded map and not even a base map? I was on Old Hickory last year and believe I had a generic map. Where could I buy the Plains Chip in Osage Beach? Stopped at what was listed at a Bait Shop last night, Minitmart not what I was looking for to say the least. Tips on a good tackle shop appreciated. Hope to get out all day today and see what the incoming weather brings tomorrow and the rest of the week. Thanks again.

Fitz tackle is a great shop. http://www.fitzfishing.net/. That end of the lake warms slower but should have cleaner water. I hope you have a great trip
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

9. Member
    Take your wife to party cove... she'll love the views!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

11. Member
    Fitz will should have the map. There’s 3 locations, the one near the strip should take care of you. Fish are definitely moving, on the lower end by you Jerkbait, A Rig, and Jig have been best. Wiggle wart/rock crawler will work too if you can get on some wind or a little dirtier water. Crystal clear right now. If you want more color it’s about half as clear around the 12mm, and even more color around the 18MM