2006 Tracker 190 Wiring

Hey folks,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I am trying to add a house/accessory battery and a dual battery ACR to my 2006 190. Previously everything was on the starting battery less the bow Minn Kota which has its own 24 volt battery set-up. There are two wire harnesses that go from the starting battery up to helm/console. One is clearly for accessories as it has a number of small gauge wires that go to live well, fuel tank and the like. However there is another wiring harness with only two 8 gauge wires and I just want to ensure I put it on the right battery. I 98% sure it is for the fuse box but can't tell for sure as it is hard to access anything behind the fuse box to confirm for sure.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for a 2006 Tracker or have experience to speak on what the wiring harnesses are for?
    Last edited by CG84; 02-17-2024 at 03:27 PM.

2. Member
    If it's one red and one black and 8 gauge, it could be for the trolling motor.

If it's not for your outboard motor then it would have to be for the trolling motor. A 12volt troller is a pretty simple hook up. It shouldn't be going through the main fusebox at the helm.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Not sure if this will help....

I'm thinking those 8 ga were for trolling moter, not sure how yours is hooked up ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    You guys nailed it, it is for the trolling motor. Since the trolling motor in the front has it's own independent batteries and wiring in one of front storage bays, I took off the bow electronics plate and there was the wire harness. I guess when they added the front battery compartment and wiring they just unplugged it but left to connected to the stern battery

I think I was watching too many Youtube videos made me think that was powering the front fuse box. Makes no sense when I looked at the wiring harnesses now.

That solves that issue. It just leaves me with the dilemma of either using those wires for a new fuse box for any additional accessories as the current fuse box is an absolute pain to work with or running new wires.

Thanks folks!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtlgator View Post
    Not sure if this will help....

I'm thinking those 8 ga were for trolling moter, not sure how yours is hooked up ?
    That is gold thanks!!

Be sure if you use that extra 8 Ga for something it has a in line fuse close to battery connection...

Be sure if you use that extra 8 Ga for something it has a in line fuse close to battery connection...
    Don't use a fuse for your TM. Use a quality re-settable circuit breaker that can be switched off when charging battery.

https://www.amazon.com/Circuit-Break...1zcF9tdGY&th=1
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Don't use a fuse for your TM. Use a quality re-settable circuit breaker that can be switched off when charging battery.

https://www.amazon.com/Circuit-Break...1zcF9tdGY&th=1
    Absolutely, it had an old corroded 40 amp short stop but I am going to replace it with a breaker style circuit breaker.

10. Member
    If it is a 24 volt TM then use a 60 amp min. I think I bought mine at BPS store. All other wiring in the front goes to the 12 volt system or cranking battery.