thinking of dropshotting

I am limited to a fishing pier now and trying to be differant from the other guys.I'm thinking it could be problematic with shallow and grass/weeds. I want to use a senko and trickworm but what size hook ? OR should I forget this idea ?

I think you should do it and not worry about the details. Experiment and adjust. Fishing with a hook above the sinker is nothing new or strictly finesse. I've caught bass on a DS on a baitcaster, 18# line with a ⅜ oz sinker and a 7'' ribbontail worm on a 3/0 hook in the weeds. It's one of the most versatile techniques there is. You can use anything from a tiny #1 mosquito hook to a 5/0 depending on your line size and bait....and the size fish you expect to catch.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    I think you should do it and not worry about the details. Experiment and adjust. Fishing with a hook above the sinker is nothing new or strictly finesse. I've caught bass on a DS on a baitcaster, 18# line with a ⅜ oz sinker and a 7'' ribbontail worm on a 3/0 hook in the weeds. It's one of the most versatile techniques there is. You can use anything from a tiny #1 mosquito hook to a 5/0 depending on your line size and bait....and the size fish you expect to catch.
    Larry's telling you the gospel .....(although how he learned super secret Florida techniques in Okieland is beyond me)

We call it a "Bubba Shot" down here and it works anywhere you would fish a Texas rig. Many time its even better for two reasons- a lot of our bottom down here is gunk city and the worm can run clean and still be along the bottom. The other is how different it looks - especially pressured fish who have seen evrything.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

thanks for the info, much appreciated.