Pantera 2 Livewell operation

My P2 livewells are never dry. Is this normal! Is there anything I can do to prevent water from coming in?
    2022 Bass Cat P2…Pro XS 200

Check the YouTube video that they just recently and it has a good amount of information, on the valve, cable and assembly. Also the operation of the system.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Check the YouTube video that they just recently and it has a good amount of information, on the valve, cable and assembly. Also the operation of the system.
    I watched it. It is very informative. My livewell no matter the configuration always stays wet. This is my first basscat, so I didn’t know if that’s normal? It has been to dealership twice for Livewell issues. Once was the switch would not work, so I didn’t think much about Livewell staying wet. When I got boat back it still stays wet. 2nd trip to dealer and they said it may be back flow and it’s normal. That’s fine, if that’s the case. I just thought I could keep dry somehow??
    Last edited by DonoSport; 02-17-2024 at 11:59 AM.

4. Member
    water enters when backing off trailer usually and anytime going back wards
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Take off the screen on the through hull fitting for the aerator. Plug it with some type of bait well plug. If it stays dry like that, then you know that there is some kind of back flow issue with the pump. I had a 2015 P2, and never used the livewells. They stayed dry. If I remember correctly, the valve control stayed on “empty”. This position allows water to exit but not enter.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

It’s usually either the cable or a bad valve, don’t over complicate a simple process of elimination.

7. Member
    Thanks for replies…I will keep working on it. It’s not from just back in or up. The things are full on empty and auto. Been to shop twice. I may just try to replace myself. Thanks again.

8. Member
    Donosport, when I got my boat new it had the same symptom as yours. I purchased a "rebuild kit" from Flo-rite and it included instructions for installation. When I removed the internal rotating part of the valve I found that it was not the right configuration for my boat. It had 3 flappers on it and they were not in the right position on the part. I removed those flappers (which act as check valves mainly) and installed only two flappers in the right places and that solved the problem.
    The dealer does not want to make repairs like that because they can't make money doing such repairs. I know you can do it yourself though. Taking it to the dealer would be futile as they probably wouldn't order the right valve for replacement and your boat might be in the yard for who knows how long.
    You could just order this valve. https://www.flow-rite.com/product/ma...alve-system-2/
    Last edited by chasesfish; 02-18-2024 at 01:43 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chasesfish View Post
    Donosport, when I got my boat new it had the same symptom as yours. I purchased a "rebuild kit" from Flo-rite and it included instructions for installation. When I removed the internal rotating part of the valve I found that it was not the right configuration for my boat. It had 3 flappers on it and they were not in the right position on the part. I removed those flappers (which act as check valves mainly) and installed only two flappers in the right places and that solved the problem.
    The dealer does not want to make repairs like that because they can't make money doing such repairs. I know you can do it yourself though. Taking it to the dealer would be futile as they probably wouldn't order the right valve for replacement and your boat might be in the yard for who knows how long.
    You could just order this valve. https://www.flow-rite.com/product/ma...alve-system-2/
    I started having these symptoms last year. Though mine use to work correctly. I suspect the flappers are worn. I do have a new valve I purchased from BCB. Maybe time to check it out..... after crappie season!
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chasesfish View Post
    Very good information. I’m gonna give this a go. Thanks for info. I’ll post outcome.

The valve arm color indicates the type of valve required. There are several different valves and each has its own colored arm, they function different actions on livewells as those manufacturers desire.