Thread: Ultrex issue

Ultrex issue

I done a search but didn’t really see any similar problems. Took my boat out yesterday to check everything out before a upcoming tournament and had trouble with the trolling motor not wanting to run. Sometime it would run when the momentary switch was pressed and sometimes it wouldn’t. I could rock the foot control and tap on the switch with my would it may or may not come on. Tried it in continuous and spot lock with same results. Got the boat home and deployed the trolling motor turned it on using the continuous switch and worked the prop with my foot and it would come on and run. Did that several times and it seems to have freed it up. Curious if anyone else has had this issue.
    Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or keep one.
    R.E.L

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro
    200 Mercury ProXS
    2x10’ Talons

2. Member
    Might be the armature. Mine was replaced under warranty quite awhile back. Mine was doing similar things.

3. Member
    Is it making a noise when the motor runs? Sometimes when a motor set up and has water intrusion it will freeze up and then when you move it by hand and turn t on it will run. I would check it out to see if it had any water issues. Just deploy it and remove the prop and loosen the bottom screw on the motor to see if it may have had any water.

Quote Originally Posted by okskeetertzx190 View Post
    Might be the armature. Mine was replaced under warranty quite awhile back. Mine was doing similar things.
    Thanks
    R.E.L

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro
    200 Mercury ProXS
    2x10’ Talons

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Is it making a noise when the motor runs? Sometimes when a motor set up and has water intrusion it will freeze up and then when you move it by hand and turn t on it will run. I would check it out to see if it had any water issues. Just deploy it and remove the prop and loosen the bottom screw on the motor to see if it may have had any water.
    I will have to see about the screw in the bottom as mine has the build in transducer across the bottom.
    R.E.L

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro
    200 Mercury ProXS
    2x10’ Talons

Quote Originally Posted by RigRatt View Post
    I will have to see about the screw in the bottom as mine has the build in transducer across the bottom.
    The transducer is irrelevant. The BOLT (hex head) to check is the bottom one below the prop shaft that is visible after removing the prop.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by RigRatt View Post
    I done a search but didn’t really see any similar problems. Took my boat out yesterday to check everything out before a upcoming tournament and had trouble with the trolling motor not wanting to run. Sometime it would run when the momentary switch was pressed and sometimes it wouldn’t. I could rock the foot control and tap on the switch with my would it may or may not come on. Tried it in continuous and spot lock with same results. Got the boat home and deployed the trolling motor turned it on using the continuous switch and worked the prop with my foot and it would come on and run. Did that several times and it seems to have freed it up. Curious if anyone else has had this issue.
    Start with your reed switch adjustment under the momentary switch. The top of the reed switch should be nearly level with, to just a little bit below the top of the holder it is in. Next I would suspect possible water intrusion to the lower unit of the trolling motor.
    G3 HP180
    Yamaha 115 4 Stroke

8. Member
    I would check the reed in the foot peedle , betting on what your saying it's doing My Fortex did that and when I readjusted that reed worked good