Advice on shopping for new kitchen floor

Been awhile since I've done this. Am I better off with going with a store that specializes in flooring or going with a Lowes, Home Depot, etc? I know years ago it seemed like prices were really high thru those types of places. I am not interested in doing myself. Just not my thing. Want to have someone do it right and I'll pay the bill.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Not much difference in material price between a flooring store and a big box store. I'd go with the flooring store and you may be able to cut a deal on installation. At least that was my experience.

3. Member
    We recently put down "luxury vinyl" in the basement. Floor and Decor had many more products and quality alternatives available vs Lowe's and Home depot. We had our own installer.

Really hard to beat Menard's or Home Depot. They have endless choices and will order something if they don't have what you want. 8 lb pad was quite a bit cheaper at Home Depot than all the local flooring stores.

5. Member
    As long as it is Lifeproof LVP, you'll be all set. Other might not agree, but IMO, there is not a better kitchen floor option available.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Really hard to beat Menard's or Home Depot. They have endless choices and will order something if they don't have what you want. 8 lb pad was quite a bit cheaper at Home Depot than all the local flooring stores.
    Is it the same or the "made to order" box store product like a lot of items?

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    As long as it is Lifeproof LVP, you'll be all set. Other might not agree, but IMO, there is not a better kitchen floor option available.
    did my whole house in lifeproof myself. Good product...... and having LVP and a roomba is a plus@!

8. Member
    Agree on life proof lip. Put itin my basement.

9. Member
    There are major differences in the quality even with the same brand. Decide what you want and search the option before you start shopping.

10. Member
    Find out the measurements and go shopping, Floor and Decor has a huge selection, depending on your price range along with installation.