Thread: New Z518 owner

New Z518 owner

Hello guys looks like I'm the new owner of a new to me '22 Z518 so I'm looking forward to getting it rigged up like I want it. I've done some searching on a few things, but I couldn't find what I was looking for I was wondering if anyone has installed a Sea Clear wiring harness in this model or one similar, I was wanting to know how difficult it was. I know in my previous Xpress it wasn't too bad once I got it started thanks for any info.

2. Member
    I have a 98 518 dvs. Does everything I want and more. Enjoy the feel

3. Member
    Sea clear harness is a complete waste of money. You can run larger wire to under your console and set terminal blocks and do the same to the front for your bow electronics for less than half the cost and it will work much better.

4. Member
    Mine is a 2011 and the wiring up front runs a Lowrance 12 and 9. my Active Target runs off a 30 ah Lithium, used the top rod tube to run the transducer wire. works perfect, and can due 2 tournament days.

5. Member
    your wiring is plenty likely from bow to stern
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Thanks guys but I already own a Sea Clear harness I was just curious own how hard it was going to be to run through the hull.

7. Member
    It's not too hard. I did mine with 8-gauge duplex to dash and too bow. Use fish tape etc. Going from back to bow a little harder. I removed right speaker/vent under dash and also pulled out the push button panel. The wires are long enough, you don't have to unplug. This is where you can access tube up There. There's also a short tube from the back to the dash also. I have a 2022 Z518 also. Good luck.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ranger-Z518 View Post
    It's not too hard. I did mine with 8-gauge duplex to dash and too bow. Use fish tape etc. Going from back to bow a little harder. I removed right speaker/vent under dash and also pulled out the push button panel. The wires are long enough, you don't have to unplug. This is where you can access tube up There. There's also a short tube from the back to the dash also. I have a 2022 Z518 also. Good luck.
    Perfect thank you for the information just what I was looking for.

9. Member
    Pulling the driver seat also helps.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snmccabe View Post
    Pulling the driver seat also helps.
    Thank you I will do that.

11. Member
    For any future projects---ALWAYS pull a strong string along with/taped to your wires. It will pay off big time down the road.

12. Member
    Lubricating the wires before you pull them through the conduit also helps

13. Member
    Be careful running anything from the back to the front. There is foam all on the sides of the boat. There should be a small tube that runs from the back to the front. You can follow that, but for me, I had to mount my livescope box in the front becuase the adapters wouldnt fit through the tubes to meet at the rod locker..

But I had a 2019 518l for a couple years and loved it. Fished like a big boat. No regrets buying it. Sold it to buy a 19cx Caymas just to get something a little bit bigger for my wife and dog.