Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

California Boat registration requirements ?

So Years ago the muscle sticker came with registration but this year I did not get any muscle stickers.

Do I need muscle stickers for any body of water including the San Joaquin river Delta or just on the lakes?
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

2. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Bass Fool View Post
    So Years ago the muscle sticker came with registration but this year I did not get any muscle stickers.

Do I need muscle stickers for any body of water including the San Joaquin river Delta or just on the lakes?

Y'all have some strange requirements out there.

Who controls John Gill?

It’s separate from registration.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehicl...icker-request/

You need it for lakes and the Sacramento/San Joaquin Rivers system. It's no longer included with the CF registration because strictly salt water fishermen don't require the mussel sticker. You can get boat registration renewal and CF/mussel sticker on the spot if you belong to AAA.
    2012 Stratos ChampioN 183 Elite
    Mercury 175 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Y'all have some strange requirements out there.
    Well in a nutshell from my understanding is that it helps pay for what I don’t know but is intended to help inform the public in an attempt to keep the zebra and quagga muscles out of the fresh water ways. They are concerned about damns getting clogged and being rendered inoperable from muscle build up. IMO it’s just one more way for California to do a money grab.

I found the answers and yes according to this Q n A I need the damn stickers to run in the Delta :/

https://dbw.parks.ca.gov/pages/28702...2021_Final.pdf

https://wildlife.ca.gov/Conservation...Quagga-Mussels

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post

Quote Originally Posted by smokewagon View Post
    You need it for lakes and the Sacramento/San Joaquin Rivers system. It's no longer included with the CF registration because strictly salt water fishermen don't require the mussel sticker. You can get boat registration renewal and CF/mussel sticker on the spot if you belong to AAA.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

6. Member
    welcome to the west - UT, ID and WY all require a separate certification and sticker as well, everybody wants the $$$

7. Member
    Unless it’s only used in the ocean then yes it’s required. You can get them at DMV or online. 16 bucks for 2 years. No big deal. Part of that money goes to other counties to help fund local Quagga programs. Used to get them with registration.Now it’s a separate transaction. Mine came in the mail in less than 2 weeks

8. Member
    Used to be included until someone figured out it could be another way to tax/ charge us.

9. Member
    Bicep or tricep?

10. Member
    The ridiculous thing is along with the sticker requirement, they also require to fill out a form and place it on your dash indicating you performed a self inspection.. this is so absolutely stupid I don't ever do it and they simply leave a form under my windshield wipers.. AND every once in a while there will be a team with dogs trained to sniff out Quagga muscles doing inspections at the launch.

Phukifornia for ya

I live in Calif**Kia, to fish Lake Mohave I had to buy a Nevada Invasive Species sticker($13), plus an Arizona Non-resident fishing license($55) and a National Parks Pass($50).

TCnSD
    Terry Chenowth
    Santee, CA

2003 Ranger 195VS
    2011 Etec 200HO
    No Problem I'm on fish...

Quote Originally Posted by weiglein4 View Post
    The ridiculous thing is along with the sticker requirement, they also require to fill out a form and place it on your dash indicating you performed a self inspection.. this is so absolutely stupid I don't ever do it and they simply leave a form under my windshield wipers.. AND every once in a while there will be a team with dogs trained to sniff out Quagga muscles doing inspections at the launch.

Phukifornia for ya

Never seen that down here in San Diego, But our lakes already have quagga's
    TCnSD
    Terry Chenowth
    Santee, CA

2003 Ranger 195VS
    2011 Etec 200HO
    No Problem I'm on fish...

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Utilities spend millions annually cleaning the zebra and quagga mussels out of their pipes and use some very nasty stuff to do so.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormer View Post
    Never seen that down here in San Diego, But our lakes already have quagga's
    All but 1 (?).

Can you just drink Muscle Milk instead of getting a sticker?

https://www.musclemilk.com/products/#products-grid

16. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormer View Post
    I live in Calif**Kia, to fish Lake Mohave I had to buy a Nevada Invasive Species sticker($13), plus an Arizona Non-resident fishing license($55) and a National Parks Pass($50).
    at 62 you can get the America the beautiful pass for $80 for life,, good for all national parks and federal run monuments, etc.. it even works for ramp fees for COE lakes and reduced campground fees at COE parks. you can also buy it for $20 for a one year deal if you don't want to go all in on the $80 and if you do that for 4 years you get the lifetime pass.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

17. Member
    You have to register your muscles? Seems like an infringement on your rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rakkc View Post
    welcome to the west - UT, ID and WY all require a separate certification and sticker as well, everybody wants the $$$
    I live in So Utah. I have never needed any thing other a fishing license to fish any lakes including Powell. If I fish Powell I just make sure to decontaminate my boat before fishing the local lakes.

19. Member
    They know they are in all the lakes and nothing will stop them but the money maker / inspections are a control aspect. Commifornia

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman73 View Post
    They know they are in all the lakes and nothing will stop them but the money maker / inspections are a control aspect. Commifornia
    False statement. Actually two thirds of California doesn’t have mussels. Almost every lake north of Los Angeles except a couple are clean. Get your facts straight. The inspections and the campaign to educate boaters on not moving a mussel has had good success.

IMG_0928.jpeg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast