Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Semi related, I've noticed the bolts/screws on the rear deck around the bilge area, have often wondered what's involved in removing that. Not sure if it's just an unbolt everything and lift it out, or are there special tools/procedures involved, etc. Wouldn't mind lifting that part out to open up the bilge for some work, as well as repainting the aluminum decking as well.

My front lockers leak same as everyone else - it's not a deluge of water or anything, but you can definitely feel moisture in the carpet on the bottom and sides in places after getting caught in the rain on the water, or washing the deck/carpet/etc. I need to figure it out - I'm going to go around and tighten all the torque bolts/nuts and then do the old garden hose test and see if I can find anything.

2. Member
    I've stated before that my 2020ZXR doesn't leak. I washed the boat this weekend and cleaned the carpets and found water in the front box (team deck). I tried to tighten the screws on all the latches and noticed that other than the slam latches the others couldn't be tightened further... they just spun. Reading previous posts that tightening these screws was the fix... am I missing something?

3. Member
    What year did Skeeter quit putting carpet in their rod lockers and is this the reason why due to leaking?

4. Member
    Be awfully careful chasing condensation.

PS: My front lockers, nor my back ones leak on my 2020 ZX200.

5. Member
    I put a couple of those DampRid moisture containers in my boxes. They help keep moisture out.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHM64 View Post
    I've stated before that my 2020ZXR doesn't leak. I washed the boat this weekend and cleaned the carpets and found water in the front box (team deck). I tried to tighten the screws on all the latches and noticed that other than the slam latches the others couldn't be tightened further... they just spun. Reading previous posts that tightening these screws was the fix... am I missing something?
    They’re not supposed to spin. Did you use a wrench on the nut on the other side? There are some screws that don’t have a nut, you’d probably want to loosen those and add silicone. I ran a hose on the deck (lids open), you’ll see if any screws are leaking.

7. Member
    Thanks JJohn.

8. Member
    I just sloshed through 6 hours of rain in the new fxr. She is dry. I might of teared up a little with joy!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12