Thread: Big O Problems

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by merc106 View Post
    Wow! We are not talking about weights per sack! What we are talking about is amount of fish caught on an average day. Even the pros say the lake is in trouble. Yes they are still catching good sacks truthfully in my opinion due to technology but again good sacks is nothing new. And no, some of these opinions are facts!!
    I agree!
    Jason

just go out and have a look it's very obvious with the lack of clean water and vegetation the lake is NOT healthy

3. Member
    Agreed ^^^^
    2021 Ranger 521C
    2021 Mercury ProXS 250
    3 x Lowrance HDS12's
    1 x Lowrance HDS9
    Active Target

Fished the south end of the lake today. Only 3 other trailers in the lot at slims. The place is a mud pit! I couldn't find any clean water. Caught a dink bass and a large tilapia pitching into sawgarss. So much better fishing elsewhere. It's gonna come a time when local businesses will have to shut their doors.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    Fished the south end of the lake today. Only 3 other trailers in the lot at slims. The place is a mud pit! I couldn't find any clean water. Caught a dink bass and a large tilapia pitching into sawgarss. So much better fishing elsewhere. It's gonna come a time when local businesses will have to shut their doors.
    The ONLY reason Slims has not closed is they are subsidized by the state to open the bridge, its a sad state of affairs

Quote Originally Posted by wrat View Post
    The ONLY reason Slims has not closed is they are subsidized by the state to open the bridge, its a sad state of affairs
    And now this...https://palmbeach.floridahealth.gov/...keechobee.html

I saw blooms all over South Bay.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123