Geecrack Bellows gill/shad vs. Thunderhawk Grenade vs. 10,000 fish Yoto Worm

I have not tried any of this style of bait yet, but I want to give it a shot this year. Has anyone fished 2 or possibly all 3 of these baits? How do they compare? I know the Thunderhawk Grenade is made of the elaztech type material, so I'm sure durability is great with them, but other than that I don't know a lot about them. Just curious since all three are similar styles.

2. Member
    I've used the Yoto and the Bellows but differently...Yoto I used as a bladed jig trailer and the Bellows I flipped. Caught fish both ways although I have other trailers I prefer for bladed jigs. I only had one pack of GP Bellows that I won in a raffle and I caught fish on them around bluegill beds last summer. It's a different look.

3. Member
    Well, I let my curiosity get the better of me and I ordered a pack of the Bellows shad (not gill), a couple packs of the Yoto worm, and a couple packs of the Grenade. I do agree that the Yoto worm seemed to be a bit longer and thinner and therefore looked like it might be a good spinnerbait/chatterbait trailer. I use a Spunk Shad currenty for that, so I guess I'll see which one I like better. The Bellows shad and the Grenade will probably be mainly T-rig baits or possibly free rig baits if I ever get around to actually trying to throw the free rig.

4. Member
    Never used the grenade but in terms of the other 2 the yoto worm is an excellent chatterbait trailer and also works great on a texas rig. The geecrack is excellent on a free rig or as a super light weight texas rig. Let the bait do its thing and glide like it's supposed to.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    Never used the grenade but in terms of the other 2 the yoto worm is an excellent chatterbait trailer and also works great on a texas rig. The geecrack is excellent on a free rig or as a super light weight texas rig. Let the bait do its thing and glide like it's supposed to.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    I used both the Yoto worm and GC Bellows Texas-rigged several times. Bellows seemed to work well when the fish just need a different profile to react to. I fished the Yoto T-rigged 3-4 times and never got a bite, so they go into the trailer only storage bin now. The Bellows was compelling enough that I used it on a Free Rig this last year and it was absolutely lights out. They are too dam expensive so I only use them in tournaments or when nothing else works. I have not used the Grenade, but it costs about half of what the Bellows do, so may be worth a try… although it doesn’t smell like Fritos like the Geecrack…
    Last edited by FryDog62; 02-12-2024 at 04:27 PM.

7. Member
    I've only used the 3.5" Yoto on a ball jig head with FFS. Works great for that.

The grenade is firmer and does flutter quite as much.
    0G886873 Mercury Serial Number
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera III with 200 Merc

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by webertime View Post
    The grenade is firmer and does flutter quite as much.
    Yeah, I got my order yesterday and I noticed this. It's made of that stretchy material, but it definitely doesn't have the same action as the Yoto or the Bellows. However, it floats, so I think that will make it better as a jig trailer or on a free rig. At least that's my hope.