New to me motor break in question...?

Greetings all- Just purchased a 2018 skeeter zx 225 with yamaha sho. The motor only has 16 hrs and was purchased from a dealer. Previous owner could not keep due to unforeseen medical issues. Most accessories were still in plastic and boat is showroom floor condition. Dealer was not that knowledgeable on whether or not proper breakin occurred or not. So my question is should I go through breakin procedures to be on the safe side or would it do me no good at this point..?

2. Member
    It would do you no good.
    2015 189 trx

3. Member
    I would first change the oil and lower unit oil and run it as normal. If you have the dealer change the oil, have him hook up his laptop and print out a sheet on the engines condition and past rpms. While it wouldn't show exactly how it was broken in, it would show the percentage of run time at various rpms.

Quote Originally Posted by musky/ed View Post
    I would first change the oil and lower unit oil and run it as normal. If you have the dealer change the oil, have him hook up his laptop and print out a sheet on the engines condition and past rpms. While it wouldn't show exactly how it was broken in, it would show the percentage of run time at various rpms.
    +1. And then I'd drop it in the lake, let it idle for a few minutes, get on plane and baby it for a few minutes, then make as long of a run as possible at WOT.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO