Thread: King of DIY

King of DIY

I gotta just say, having looked at more of Bill's threads, this guy is the King! I'm just amazed at some of the things he does. I know there are alot of very clever guys here on BBC and I salute you all. I would mention more names but the list is long. Thanks for sharing. And Bill? Dang! Keep 'em coming. Do you prefer 'King' or 'GOAT'?
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    I gotta just say, having looked at more of Bill's threads, this guy is the King! I'm just amazed at some of the things he does. I know there are alot of very clever guys here on BBC and I salute you all. I would mention more names but the list is long. Thanks for sharing. And Bill? Dang! Keep 'em coming. Do you prefer 'King' or 'GOAT'?
    Thanks 86, Since I retired I have to keep busy and I enjoy doing projects when not fishing. I try to focus on build methods that do not require machining and analog electrical components that are plug and play. This forum is a treasure for inquisitive minds because there are a lot of really talented guys willing to share their knowledge.
    In that vein, I appreciate Al for providing a website where we can share and learn in an environment that is free of political drama.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Have to agree with 86 built your first FF mount could of never done it on my own finding the different parts and right size.

4. Member
    Bill stores, and will share, the instructions for building the lift assist kit for trolling motors CHEAPLY. It also takes a lot of the slop out of the frame.

5. Member
    My impression of Bill is that he is methodical and does his homework before starting any project. That being said, I feel like I lucked out in buying the same RT188P as him. I do not plan to upgrade mine as much as Bill, but I sure like following his projects. Keep up the good work and thank you.

No Doubt, Bill is the Man.
    Very sound advice.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest