Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    They all need to do better. A lot of the quality issues are due to all the gadgets along with epa mandates.
    I hate all the damn clean air and water, too!
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Go ship a package with UPS and tell me union contracts haven’t contributed to pricing increases. Went to ship a deflated basketball in state last week. The cardboard box 8” x 8” x 4” would’ve been $10 and the shipping $15…

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    I hate all the damn clean air and water, too!
    Nice cherry pick!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos622 View Post
    Go ship a package with UPS and tell me union contracts haven’t contributed to pricing increases. Went to ship a deflated basketball in state last week. The cardboard box 8” x 8” x 4” would’ve been $10 and the shipping $15…
    Yeah, it has nothing to do with increased fuel costs

5. Member
    Didn't all 3 announce they were going to be laying off workers back in January?
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

Yeah, it has nothing to do with increased fuel costs
    That’s why I said “contributed”

We just dumped 2500 managers and got 27% of annual.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

8. Member
    I want to thank the GM folks, you made me a sweeet 2024 Chevy LTZ w/3.0 diesel and it was only $57k..... heck, that's cheaper than a new boat!!! Glad you all got the profit sharing check!!!
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

I would assume this is an all time record high profit sharing amount. Congrats to the auto workers. The auto industry has always served as the barometer for US manufacturing. The economy is steam rolling with momentum. I've been considering buying a new truck myself, probably the Chevy LTZ 3.0 diesel to replace the last new one I bought 20 years ago.

10. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    And they still asked for a 40% raise
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    They don't count the bonus little hidden gem in their salary. It's owed to them! Shhhhhhh.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    I've been considering buying a new truck myself, probably the Chevy LTZ 3.0 diesel to replace the last new one I bought 20 years ago.
    Do it!!! lots of power and great gas mileage!! I get around 24-26 but I have a lead foot, my buddy gets 30 mpg consistently...
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    They don't count the bonus little hidden gem in their salary. It's owed to them! Shhhhhhh.
    Always the same few bashing auto workers. If it's such a great job, apply for a job at one of the plants, a lot of them are hiring.

14. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    They must be selling a lot of EV's

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Bass Fool View Post
    Sounds like another way to keep the prices artificially inflated while looking like the good guys for sharing the profits while screwing the consumers.
    Ford has 57k UAW workers, at $10k per UAW worker that totals $570M paid out in profit sharing. Ford sold 2M vehicles last year. $570M divided by 2M vehicles means they could have discounted each vehicle $285 and given $0 in profit sharing. Doesn't seem like profit sharing makes much a difference to the price of vehicles when math is used does it? However getting $10k for each of those workers is a huge deal to the workers.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos622 View Post
    Cost of the product doesn't have anything to do with shipping cost though. I could give my dumpster that is full of burnt trash and rotting carcasses from hunting season for free. Someone across the country wants it and I agree to give it away for free. I bet the shipping company doesn't care 1 bit what the worth of the item in the shipment is, and I bet shipping a dumpster full of trash is expensive.

17. Member
    Always the same few bashing auto workers. If it's such a great job, apply for a job at one of the plants, a lot of them are hiring.
    Not bashing, just went to a retirement party for a life long friend - UAW 31 years and a girl at that. She put up with LOTS of Shit.

Even she wouldn't admit to bonus money - Not part of her salary? It was Owed! Congrats to Her!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Should have asked for 60% to actually get the 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    Cost of the product doesn't have anything to do with shipping cost though. I could give my dumpster that is full of burnt trash and rotting carcasses from hunting season for free. Someone across the country wants it and I agree to give it away for free. I bet the shipping company doesn't care 1 bit what the worth of the item in the shipment is, and I bet shipping a dumpster full of trash is expensive.
    ….the point I was making is $10 for a cardboard box that’s small and $15 to ship about 50 miles. It had nothing to do with the item shipped. Since when do production costs not effect consumers?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCrappie View Post
    This^

I need to sell my tools and leave the trades. quit using my skills and go slap mirrors on a F250s 36 hours a week so I can really buy the things I want
    Good luck with your new job!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast