Shoreline Boat and RV Repair Feedback?

Has anyone used this shop for boat repair- specifically aluminum boat welding? I want to consult a shop about a hull job, but I want to get to a good shop with aluminum boat experience. They aren't far from me-they are in Smithville.

2. Member
    I had a boat repaired there about 20 years ago. They did a good job. It was a fiberglass repair though. I know they have been in smithville for quite a while now and I am sure they get a lot of business from the lake there.
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N

3. Member
    Everyone at Shoreline is great to deal with. All of my experience with them has been with fiberglass. I have had several boats worked on there and was always very pleased with everything they have done. They will be able to tell you if they can fix it or they will send you somewhere that can

4. Member
    I can only compliment Shoreline on the quality of their work. I've used them on several glass boat repairs. First class.

That said, The insurance companies cringe when you take a boat there. I have no idea what a fair price is for glass work. Some of the numbers I've seen look scary, but the insurance companies always pay.

Maybe that has something to do with cost of insurance.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 98cobra201 View Post
    Everyone at Shoreline is great to deal with. All of my experience with them has been with fiberglass. I have had several boats worked on there and was always very pleased with everything they have done. They will be able to tell you if they can fix it or they will send you somewhere that can
    I stopped by and spoke to someone. It didn't sound like they were up to the job that I discussed with them regarding my aluminum hull hook. Stopped by Smithville Marine and they said I could drop my boat by and they would have their welder take a look and see if he can do something about it. I'll see what he says after I have time to take it back down.