Thread: Chevy Roadtrek

Chevy Roadtrek

My son is looking at a Chevy Road Trek, 2011-12 not sure but it looks to be in great condition. Owned by a former marine who seems to be a little OCD about things. Has about 150,000 miles on it and has had the transmission changed at around 80,000 miles. Anyone know the good, bad and ugly, the owner says his days of traveling are over, at least in the van.
    Thanks for any info
    Last edited by rtlgator; 02-05-2024 at 11:23 AM.

2. Member
    I had a 05 roadtrek 210. Was a great vehicle. Road well, decent gas milage, and very comfortable. Took a few trips to Florida and used it mostly as a day camp for multiple all day soccer games when me son was young.
    pros: easier to drive/manuver than a class c or pull behind. Had all the ammenities of a larger camper. Super quick setup
    And tear down.
    cons: Any more than 2 adults and it gets very crowded. The fold down seats that turn into a bed suck. Generator was very noisy.
    If camping, you have to tear down and leave your site empty if you want to go somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by catman2 View Post
    I had a 05 roadtrek 210. Was a great vehicle. Road well, decent gas milage, and very comfortable. Took a few trips to Florida and used it mostly as a day camp for multiple all day soccer games when me son was young.
    pros: easier to drive/manuver than a class c or pull behind. Had all the ammenities of a larger camper. Super quick setup
    And tear down.
    cons: Any more than 2 adults and it gets very crowded. The fold down seats that turn into a bed suck. Generator was very noisy.
    If camping, you have to tear down and leave your site empty if you want to go somewhere.
    Thanks, he purchased it yesterday and will pick it up Monday....its a 2011 190 and since he is single space wont be a problem....

4. Member
    I have a 2012 Roadtrek 210 simplicity that is built on a 2011 chevy chassis. RTs are awesome and he will love it. A 190 is a very popular model. He'll be able to park it anywhere since it is the same size as a large van. Congrats on the purchase.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

And now the fun begins....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by rlb8s View Post
    I have a 2012 Roadtrek 210 simplicity that is built on a 2011 chevy chassis. RTs are awesome and he will love it. A 190 is a very popular model. He'll be able to park it anywhere since it is the same size as a large van. Congrats on the purchase.

I hope it's working out, I just bought a 2007 RT 190 and pick it up in a few weeks.

Looks like its in good shape. I just started a campervan thread to see if people are using them much. Got pics of the interior setup?
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Quote Originally Posted by Royjulius View Post
    Looks like its in good shape. I just started a campervan thread to see if people are using them much. Got pics of the interior setup?
    I will try, not sure how to resize...

He is making it his own, so a little messy but it's in great shape...

Looks great!
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Just flew to Virginia and drove back to Montana after picking up our new to us 2007 Roadtrek! Long but great trip, even caught some fish in Va and I got to net a friend's 8.22