Rubber Mat of sorts cockpit of boat?

Redoing the boat and have the EVA foam to put in the cockpit floor of boat. After reading how they get get dirty easy, etc. I’ve been considering trying some type of rubber mat in there instead. Anyone do that or have suggestions?? I know some that rubber mat is on the hard side and slick when wet. I’d be looking for something on the softer side that will still have good grip when wet.

2. Member
    There are many “waffle” or open mats out there. Many made for restaurants. Very anti skid
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

3. Member
    You could get a roll of rubber mat with the diamond plate pattern and cut it to fit. I did this when I got a new troller on my tin rig and had to redo the deck on the v-part of the bow. I just glued it down to the plywood. Worked great so far and it’s easy to clean.

4. Member
    I myself would stick with the EVA foam idea. I have this from the factory and it is light grey. Ya it gets dirty but very easy to clean if needed. Cleaning solutions are fairly reasonable in price as well. Heck, everything nice requires maintenance and cleaning.. really not that big of a deal.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

IMG_2450.jpg

5. Member
    I the mat ranger puts in there boats just wipe with a damp towel and its clean

6. Member
    I have 2 nice thick camouflage ones in my Triton river boat and they work fine and easy to clean since they are rubber.

7. Member
    Yup, here you go. $1.99 at Ollie's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

8. Member
    I went with a seagrass type mat in my cockpit area. Doesn't hold water. Wipes clean. Soft. Love it.20231120_130722.jpg

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kskeet View Post
    I went with a seagrass type mat in my cockpit area. Doesn't hold water. Wipes clean. Soft. Love it.20231120_130722.jpg
    Awesome. Where you get it?

10. Member
    Actually I had a shop do it. I was planning to do all the carpet myself when I found a shop who gave me a great deal in the middle of winter just to keep their guys busy. I told them I wanted seadek. They talked me into the seagrass mat. My guess is you could find it online. But I'm sorry that I don't know where.

11. Member
    Pontone boats . com

12. Member
    I'm tired of the 18 yr old cockpit carpet staying wet, what adhesive is recommended when applying these materials??

Tks, BAM