Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Toyota FourRunner gets my vote. It will outlast the majority of the vehicles noted above and it has more than enough towing capacity.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big J Mac View Post
    4 Runner.
    LOL my CJ7 sometimes ends up in the middle of intersections the same way - with nothing behind it. I can't imagine trying to tow a bass boat with one.

3. Member
    My brother has a Jeep Cherokee and tows 5-6 thousand pounds all over the country with it. That thing is amazingly capable. I'd imagine the Grand Cherokee is even better.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    My brother has a Jeep Cherokee and tows 5-6 thousand pounds all over the country with it. That thing is amazingly capable. I'd imagine the Grand Cherokee is even better.
    they are very good as is the durango even with the v6. From a performance standpoint, they are great in my experience. My experience with the electrical systems is generally poor and as they age is that they become costly to maintain. If you move from it at year 7, good to go.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

5. Member
    4Runner

I had 240k miles on my 00 Taco V6 (2wd TRD w locking rear diff) and towed my 99 Ranger 462 all over the place including many trips through the mountains to Clear Lake. Never had an issue with stopping although it would slow a bit on steep grades. Truck ran like a champ when I finally let it go after 19yrs...only mechanical problem it ever had was replacing a noisy rear axle bearing around 175k

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123