Pellet grill, what to cook ?

Got a new pellet grill, not impressed. Except for a turkey I brined and cooked, holy moly was it good. Tried ribs, I can do them better on my charcoal Weber. Tried hamburgers, Weber is better. Tried rib eye steaks they were good but Weber and charcoal still better. Looked up several recipes on the Treager website. Some look good, some don’t.

What’s your favorite recipe using a pellet grill ?

"I'm just looking for a bite"

2. Member
    Your Weber will be better for everything, the only thing better about a pellet grill is convenience. Only exceptions will be long and slow, such as pork butts and brisket. This is definitely been my experience after many years. I’m sure others will disagree, but judge for yourself when you eat your food.

3. Member
    If you like charcoal grilling, try the Vortex. Makes chicken legs, wings etc crispy on outside and moist and tender on the inside. IMG_0381.jpeg

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanboat View Post
    If you like charcoal grilling, try the Vortex. Makes chicken legs, wings etc crispy on outside and moist and tender on the inside. IMG_0381.jpeg
    The Vortex is a great tool. I also use it to reverse sear thick steaks then put them over the coals for a finishing char.

5. Member
    Meatloaf, pot roast, apple cobbler, wings, peach dumplings, my favorite is biscuits

6. Member
    Take a look at the Meat Church website for variety but it really doesn't matter as it boils down to convivence as mentioned previously. Brisket, steaks, and pork butts are my main selections for my pellet smoker. Try a reverse sear on your steak. Smoke your steak at say 190 deg F until it reaches 120 deg (about two hours) and then sear on a hot griddle or skillet in cowboy butter.