Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any of you all went to a PGA tournament?

We have one coming to MO this september I thought about trying to get tickets to.
    Never been to something like this.
    What all is there....other than the obivious.

2. Member
    been to many. two best times to go IMO. During the earlier practice rounds when they are loose and just working on their games and building a strategy. Easier to get signatures, gloves, balls (especially if you have young kids), much fewer people, so you can get closer to the real stars, ect. If you are into
    golf and love the final 9 holes when it is won/lost and were there is often lots of tension, then find a spot around the 16th/17th hole, camp out and watch. Most
    Tx's are won or lost on the 16th/17th hole and the tension on the last day among the leaders is interesting and exciting if you are a fan (I am
    and played college golf). Difficult par 3's are the best and generally the 16th hole is one.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

3. Member
    Yes. Master's and TPC Sawgrass. Good for perspective, up close and personal looks at professionals and the courses. IMO tournaments overall are viewed best from tv coverage.
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

I've been to several. I enjoy spending time at the practice range. Unreal how sweet they hit it!

We go to the Memorial Tournament every year and have added the Wells Fargo Championship the last 3 years.. I like to set on the practice range and watch them warm up. I do not go to collect signatures or other memorabilia. Most are there to party, especially the Memorial tournament. It is a good time and you should go at least once.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Practice range and practice rounds are the best to watch IMO.

7. Member
    I'm a hardcore golfer and go to watch how the tour guys get around the course. Always go Thurs/Fri, for early/late tee times; golf all day. Follow the lesser know players for front rope access. I do not sit on a hole. They all pure it and if you follow enough of them, you'll see 10 handicap shots. Stood right behind a past PGA champion nearly whiff a chip out at the Honda last year.

I'm there for golf and only golf
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

8. Member
    I always go on a Thursday, way less people, can see any player you want up close. Scout out the players and holes you want to see, may be a hard par 3 or difficult driving hole. Watch how they talk with their caddies about strategy, then execute.

Was at women’s US Open a couple years ago, on a par 3 with danger right, watched 12 players. One caddy told the player, “It’s day one, no reason to take a big number, get a par and move along.” Every player was left of the pin.

Wear good walking shoes, drink plenty of water.

9. Member
    Been to the tour championship at east lake in Atlanta a couple of times. Always an enjoyable time.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

Played in the Buick open pro am in 2001 and attended a couple of days of the tourney. Wouldn’t do it again except maybe the masters. Better views from my couch.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

check out Birdies for the brave if you are a veteran. They often have free tix to PGA events. Very fun.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

12. Member
    I played in a few PGA Tour events and several what is now the Koran Ferry Tour, if you like golf, go, most guy are good about autographs, you'll have a few that just won't, I went to the Houston Open when I was hurt, made me work harder to get back out there

13. Member
    The events are fun! Like others have said, Thursday is a good day as less people. Sunday is fantastic to watch how the tournament will play out. Wear good shoes and consider bringing a chair with you.
    Sean Fullerton

~~2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited~~
    Yamaha SHO 250
    Helix 12
    Mega 360
    MegaLive
    Raptors

https://www.youtube.com/ruggedoutdoors

Yes, got tickets for practice day at the Masters many years ago. Really enjoyed it and we walked all over just watching different guys for a few holes each. Par 3 contest was fun and watching guys skip the balls across the water on the 16th.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

15. Member
    Luke, my experience is limited to one PGA at Belreive in 2018, a rainy practice day early in the week. Pretty cool to see these guys up close and marvel at how good they are. Size of the crowd was "circus like", after all it's a big event.
    The last two years I volunteered at the Champions Tour Ascension Charity hosted by Norwood Hills CC. As you might expect somewhat smaller scale in size but still extremely impressive golf to witness. The volunteer experience is (for me) a pretty cool experience. I plan to do it again this year. They are always looking for volunteers, so if this sounds like something you might enjoy, go online and check it out.

Yes, been to 5 different events and a Tour Championship at Southern Hills, Tulsa. Byron and Colonial both in DFW twice each. It's a blast. Wear comfortable shoes. Saturday and Sunday are a struggle if you walk the course with favorite golfer. I suggest go on either Thurs or Fri and find a nice vantage point to set up and watch 'em all come through. Enjoy it!
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

17. Member
    I have been to several. Seeing the courses and watching the players and how they approach the game is cool. I prefer practice rounds because you can really see how they prepare and the atmosphere is much more laid back. I also like to watch them on the driving range and putting greens.

I was so fortunate that my dad and I completed our tournament attendance “Grand Slam” in 2022; just over a year before he passed away. We saw the PGA Championship when it was in town in both 1992 and the 100th PGA Championship in 2018 - both at Bellerive in St. Louis, MO. We went to the 100th US Open at Pebble Beach in 2000. We went to the Masters in 2017. And in 2022 we went to the 150th Open Championship at the Old Course. Great memories with my dad that I truly cherish!!

If you get the chance to go, you should! If you can take someone special with you - definitely do that too!!
    Last edited by fishinFamily; 02-27-2024 at 11:48 PM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinFamily View Post
    I have been to several. Seeing the courses and watching the players and how they approach the game is cool. I prefer practice rounds because you can really see how they prepare and the atmosphere is much more laid back. I also like to watch them on the driving range and putting greens.

I was so fortunate that my dad and I completed our tournament attendance “Grand Slam” in 2022; just over a year before he passed away. We saw the PGA Championship when it was in town in both 1992 and the 100th PGA Championship in 2018 - both at Bellerive in St. Louis, MO. We went to the 100th US Open at Pebble Beach in 2000. We went to the Masters in 2017. And in 2022 we went to the 150th Open Championship at the Old Course. Great memories with my dad that I truly cherish!!

If you get the chance to go, you should! If you can take someone special with you - definitely do that too!!
    Wow! Those are some good memories.
    I attended a PGA with my Dad, Stepmom and wife in Tulsa.
    I attended the US Women's Open in Hutchinson, Kansas with my Mom her husband and my wife.
    My wife and I have volunteered at the PGA and US Open in Tulsa and attended the practice round of the Masters. Probably will never make The Open. 3 out of 4 ain't bad for us!

19. Scraps
    Been to one in CT a few times. Interesting even for non-golf fans.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

20. Member
    Never a PGA, but I used to go to the LPGA in Toledo every year as my company was a sponsor and we got a ton of free tickets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast