Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Zyn vs skoal pouches

I can't seem to find too much info, but what is the key difference between them other than zyn are white and skoal is brownish color.

2. Member
    Zen is tobacco free. Just nicotine in different doses as labeled. Skoal has tobacco.
    Rad Brewer

3. Member
    One better or safer than the other

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwenbass View Post
    One better or safer than the other
    I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but my understanding is that tobacco contains carcinogens (cancer causing agents). Zyn does not have tobacco, and nicotine itself is not known to contain carcinogens (though some studies may disagree).

Nicotine has its own dangers.

The safest choice is to leave them both alone. The second safest choice is Zyn instead of tobacco.

I'm not preaching... just answering your question...
    2023 Puma STS

5. Member
    Not sure on "safer" but the zyn are really thin, readily available, a lot of flavor options but they take a little getting used to. Seem to choke some people, or cause hiccups. If you're going the actual tobacco route, might try General brand. They're a little harder to find but smoke shops seem to have them. I wasn't a fan of the skoal though.

Do you spit with zyn

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Do you spit with zyn
    My son does the zyn, and yes, he spits.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

8. Member
    A guy at my work uses skoal long cut… I asked him if he ever used pouches.. He said you can’t get any juice out of that Lol. Just like sucking nip though a night gown it’s no good
    I tried Red man once I wasn’t man enough for that. There’s lots of the snus pouches around. None of it is probably good for you. But monster, Red Bull, mt dew isn’t either.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    A guy at my work uses skoal long cut… I asked him if he ever used pouches.. He said you can’t get any juice out of that Lol. Just like sucking nip though a night gown it’s no good
    I tried Red man once I wasn’t man enough for that. There’s lots of the snus pouches around. None of it is probably good for you. But monster, Red Bull, mt dew isn’t either.
    100% accurate

Just like sucking nip though a night gown it’s no good

11. Member
    Just because someone shoots up heroine doesn’t make its fine to eat McDonald’s every day.

everyone has vices but I never got trying to justify something that’s bad for you with another.

like others have said, the best is nothing at all. But if you “need” something, then Zyn is better than tobacco. I think Josh Bertrand is sponsored by an “herbal”, non tobacco, non nicotine pouch.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Do you spit with zyn
    At first I do, but after about 5 min I don't.

13. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Rogue pouches 6mm seem to be a little better and closer to doing the real thing than Zyn’s. And the Zyn’s gave me an awful migraine.
    Last edited by GOTTA BIG SACK; 02-01-2024 at 08:34 PM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

14. Member
    Dipped Copenhagen long cut for years. Finally quit for a few years and then stupid Zyns came on the scene. Extremely addicting and the bad part for me was I could have them in constantly because no one could tell I had one in. No spitting and no wad in your lip. Was doing a can of 6MG a day. Finally quit them a few weeks ago. They are very popular now and I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before research is done that links them to cancer, heart disease and other conditions.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

15. Member
    I used to dip 3 cans of Copenhagen mint a day. Last 3 weeks I've switched to Rouge to try to quit. Tried Zyn and didn't like them nearly as good as Rogue. Yes still spit. I'm hoping I give it a few weeks I can quit altogether (down to one can of Rouge a day). For me the toughest part of it has been just the feel of something in my lip. I'm hoping maybe I can switch to a mint and put it in my lip and it'll take my mind off it lol

Do you spit with zyn

No need to spit with Zyn.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazerCat777 View Post
    I used to dip 3 cans of Copenhagen mint a day. Last 3 weeks I've switched to Rouge to try to quit. Tried Zyn and didn't like them nearly as good as Rogue. Yes still spit. I'm hoping I give it a few weeks I can quit altogether (down to one can of Rouge a day). For me the toughest part of it has been just the feel of something in my lip. I'm hoping maybe I can switch to a mint and put it in my lip and it'll take my mind off it lol
    Hope it works better for you than it did for me. 3 years ago I switched to zyn and tried to quit that and failed a few times.
    Fish have fins, they swim

18. Member
    Good luck ! I quit cope after 45 years. Been off it for 2 1/2 yrs and not a day goes by that i dont want a dip !!! If there were something you could dip that taste like cope but wasnt bad for you i would be right back on it !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

19. Member
    I made the switch from Copenhagen to Zyn about 3 years ago. I use the 3mg and will sometimes get the 6's if they're out of the 3's. The 6's are much stronger. 1 can lasts about a day and half on average and I can almost always find them on sale. So in addition to not being (as) bad for you as tobacco, it's substantially cheaper too. A can of Copenhagen might last me a day if I was lucky.

20. Member
    think the zynnies got more then just some nicotine.. things get you wired

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast