Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBass21 View Post
    I have a procedure scheduled for Friday and everyone in my house but me tested positive for COVID today. I called pre-op at the hospital and the guy said verbatim "As long as you don't have symptoms still come. In the mean time don't go around licking anybody's forehead".
    This

someone coughed near me at work at on Tuesday and appoligized so sincerly. i'm past that I told her.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    Most false negatives are related to timing of the test (in relation to exposure) and/or testing technique.
    Same for false positives! So why bother again no symptoms and even if he/you/they had symptoms who cares just stay away from others.

Blow off being exposed. It's meaningless. The strain of covid today is nothing close to the strain 3 yrs ago.
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

They released it, it happened, people caught it, people got shots for it, they still got it,(even though they were told that was the answer) people died from it because of bad guidance from the cdc and nih. It split/ruined families, the country. It spun the medical community on its heads. Now the media doesn’t splash it out 24/7 and the flu is back as it always has been minus the last few years. We’re all exposed to a LOT every day. Use common sense, which seems to be lacking more lately, and take care of yourself.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

5. Member
    The death of the flu during covid was highly over exaggerated, it never left…more media hype.

6. Member
    DUH

Great debate going on. Plenty of armchair surgeons. Anyone have a toothache? We have that covered too. Brain surgeons? LOL

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering Herd View Post
    Great debate going on. Plenty of armchair surgeons.
    Is there now a surgery for Covid? Who knew?

9. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    They released it, it happened, people caught it, people got shots for it, they still got it,(even though they were told that was the answer) people died from it because of bad guidance from the cdc and nih. It split/ruined families, the country. It spun the medical community on its heads. Now the media doesn’t splash it out 24/7 and the flu is back as it always has been minus the last few years. We’re all exposed to a LOT every day. Use common sense, which seems to be lacking more lately, and take care of yourself.
    And they are still experimenting with it in the same lab.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    How is anyone supposed to know if they were exposed or not? The assumption is we are all exposed everyday as not everyone that has it shows symptoms. This is what your immune system is for to fight off exposures. If you get sick and have symptoms then get tested.
    If you spend the day with someone and they get sick the next day or so you can rest assured you were exposed. May be several considerations to decide if you come down with it or not.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTN View Post
    The death of the flu during covid was highly over exaggerated, it never left…more media hype.
    No it never left but was severely reduced for obvious reasons. People were not working or in close contact with others as they usually are, not socializing, and staying away from others when sick. The flu is spread through the air and close contact with someone who has the virus. When conditions for the spread were reduced, cases went significantly down. It wasn't rocket science or a conspiracy. It probably was the first time in my life I wasn't around people who were coughing or sneezing.

12. Bob G's pool boy
    2020 called…

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    No it never left but was severely reduced for obvious reasons. People were not working or in close contact with others as they usually are, not socializing, and staying away from others when sick. The flu is spread through the air and close contact with someone who has the virus. When conditions for the spread were reduced, cases went significantly down. It wasn't rocket science or a conspiracy. It probably was the first time in my life I wasn't around people who were coughing or sneezing.

14. Member
    This nonsense was over long ago can't believe people even still bring it up. What's worse is I work for the federal government and the amount of people here that still wear a mask is crazy.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    This nonsense was over long ago can't believe people even still bring it up. What's worse is I work for the federal government and the amount of people here that still wear a mask is crazy.
    My work still makes you wait 5 days and a negative test before you can return to work after first testing positive.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    My work still makes you wait 5 days and a negative test before you can return to work after first testing positive.
    Can't test positive if you don't take a test.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    We don't need you in here spreading your sensible logic while we're trying to start new spiracies!!!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Can't test positive if you don't take a test.
    Well if you show up to work sick they will send you home and not let you return until tested. Otherwise use your best judgement in when you should seek medical assistance based on how sick you are feeling.

19. Member
    My company no longer has any covid policies in place. If you're sick stay home, if you feel ok come to work.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    Same for false positives! So why bother again no symptoms and even if he/you/they had symptoms who cares just stay away from others.
    Trust me, I wish I could stay away from others if I think THEY are sick. I’m not kidding in saying there was a guy in line at Lowe’s yesterday standing next to me in line. That wouldn’t be strange if two or more registers were open. Nope, just the one line over in lumber. Just standing there, a little less than 2ft away…clearing his throat. I’m not even really worried or scared about COVID anymore. I just don’t want *whatever* they’ve got. But people have pretty much forgotten anything they might have learned about respiratory etiquette about a year ago.

Oh, and false positives are significantly less likely than false negatives. By quite a bit. And it’s mostly true with other antigen testing as well.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123