Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

Exclamation What NY lake are you looking forward to fishing in 24'!

Lets here what NY lake or lakes your looking forward to fishing this season.

2. Member
    I recently acquired a seasonal campsite at Chaumont bay. Looking forward to spending a good amount of time fishing the bay and St. Lawrence this year.
    Fish Bump!

1997 ProCraft 180
    2021 Mercury 150

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jgiljr View Post
    I recently acquired a seasonal campsite at Chaumont bay. Looking forward to spending a good amount of time fishing the bay and St. Lawrence this year.
    Great place to have a base camp for sure.

Just 3 weeks in from total shoulder replacement surgery and hoping to be able to fish anywhere by June......northern Champlain is calling !

Cayuga, Keuka, Oneida, Champlain.

So many amazing lakes to fish here in NY.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

6. Member
    I can't wait to fish Black Lake. I've been going every September for a week for that last 35years. This year I'll have Mega 360 and can't wait to see some of the areas I think I know like the back of my hand, and now find out what's really there.

7. Member
    Otsego before you need a permit.. I’d really like to hit chaumont in late September again, haven’t done that in 3 years. And thinking about fishing Floodwood out of a jon boat or kayak gets me more excited than Cayuga or 1000 islands haha. I’d also like to hit the Seneca out from three rivers. Whenever I go to Onondaga I spend 90% of my time in the river anyways.

otherwise it’ll be the typical rotation, Moraine, Delta, Little Sodus, Piseco, Oxbow, and others. I like the smaller places over the popular/bigger named lakes. May not have bigger bass but there’s less crowds and pressure.

A few lakes in the ADKs are my favorite places but I don’t like posting them because in all the times I’ve fished I’ve only seen bass boats when my club had a tournament.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 01-25-2024 at 08:24 AM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Otsego before you need a permit..
    Permit huh?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    Permit huh?
    I thought The town website and the signs at the parking lot behind the hotel says you need a permit from Memorial Day to Columbus Day… if not can we just say that’s the case to keep the crowds down?
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Oneida
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    I can't wait to fish Black Lake. I've been going every September for a week for that last 35years. This year I'll have Mega 360 and can't wait to see some of the areas I think I know like the back of my hand, and now find out what's really there.
    We gave up on Black Lake 2 years ago. I hope you do better than we did. Seems like it was a steady fish decline for about 7 years.

12. Member
    Lake Erie, Chautauqua and Honeoye lake plus maybe Ontario

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I thought The town website and the signs at the parking lot behind the hotel says you need a permit from Memorial Day to Columbus Day… if not can we just say that’s the case to keep the crowds down?
    way it works is from Memorial day to Labor day only 8 trailers allowed in the parking lot as long as you pay launch fee and are one of the 8 your good. ( no technical permit needed, they note your plate #) . If you get there earlier then the launch attendant no fee needed to be paid and your still good. Overflow parking is at the tram parking lots should you not be one of the 8 . Parking for those trailers ( disconnected) are the first 8 spots on the right side as you come down the hill. Trailers parked outside those 8 spots are subject to fine ( and they do fine).

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    We gave up on Black Lake 2 years ago. I hope you do better than we did. Seems like it was a steady fish decline for about 7 years.
    Fishing definitely has declined over the years, but it's still my happy place that I look so forward to visiting. I've been fishing the Dash For Cash for many years, and even though it's the only tournament I still fish, enjoy it just as much as I ever have.

15. Member
    Not sure what lakes we are fishing in Aug but looking forward to catching some big small mouth. I think my biggest small mouth is 3.8 lbs

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Not sure what lakes we are fishing in Aug but looking forward to catching some big small mouth. I think my biggest small mouth is 3.8 lbs
    then your in for a real treat PB very easily broken on most all NY lakes

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Fishing definitely has declined over the years, but it's still my happy place that I look so forward to visiting. I've been fishing the Dash For Cash for many years, and even though it's the only tournament I still fish, enjoy it just as much as I ever have.
    It's definitely one of the nicest lakes in NYS to fish because of the lack of cottages and boaters/water skiers/jet bikes/speed boats.

The last 3 years we fished it I couldn't catch a NP and the crappie never get big enough to put together a meal. But I only fished it for 1 week in the year staying at Pleasant View Cottages.

Hope you enjoy your time there.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Big Lake equal big fish. My first pick would be Erie. Good Luck with your quest.

19. Member
    Hoping to get back to Chaumont this year, I missed it last year because of a business commitment.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

20. Member
    Booked for another 40 days this summer on Chaumont. Lake Ontario smallie fishing is paradise on earth!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast