Lynx discontinued?

Howdy everyone! I have been out of the know for a while and been kicking around a bass cat and when visiting their website it isn't listed under premium models but a separate tab for 2023 model year. Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks!

Discontinued last season, if you ask BassCat there might still be a new 2023 at a dealership somewhere.

3. Member
    WOW! Any idea why?

4. Member
    I think Rick or someone mentioned that the Puma STS drove it out.

btw. Puma STS is an amazing ride. Came from a phoenix 21 phx. Im blown away by it.

5. Member
    The lynx sales were down because of the popularity of the puma sts and now caracal sts. Was/is a great boat and rides great. If you find one don’t hesitate.

6. Member
    How is the Puma STS in big water compared to the Lynx?

I also noticed Ken Smith sold his Lynx. Any idea what he is replacing it with?

7. Member
    Thinking about selling mine.

8. Member
    I never rode in the lynx but the other common big water boat is the Phoenix 21phx. Which is what i came from. The Puma STS rides on top. The ride is amazing in the puma STS.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtibbals;[URL="tel:13339369"
    13339369[/URL]]How is the Puma STS in big water compared to the Lynx?

Puma STS im 99 percent on.

10. Member
    Pretty sure Ken ordered a Puma

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtibbals View Post
    How is the Puma STS in big water compared to the Lynx?

I had a late model 2020 Lynx and now a left over 2023 Puma STS. I had well over 800 trips on the Lynx and at least 40 trips on the Puma STS. My initial impression is the Puma STS handles and rides better than the Lynx. I don't have an enough experience with the Puma STS on my lake with considerable wake boat traffic. I always felt that the Lynx was not that great with random waves (e.g., non periodic) but very good with periodic waves. The Lynx did well in 30 mph winds with waves of 2 ft. It was much much better than my previous Z521C. So far the Puma STS excels (e.g., surprisingly a good ride at 60 mph) at conditions with 20 mph winds and waves of 1.5 ft. Don't know how it will do with 30 mph wind conditions. The Puma STS based on my limited experience seems to be much better than the Lynx with random waves.

12. Member
    John S glad to here that i just sold 521c, and ordered Puma sts . I will miss the ranger middle storage but thats about all
    Last edited by armond; 01-25-2024 at 06:32 PM.

Yes, the volume of the Lynx went down considerably the second half of last model year as the Puma STS took hold. It’s still a great big water boat and there are some 2023 models remaining in inventory and we would not hesitate if you have big water.