Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Look here not there... Look what the domestic enemies are doing to this country! thats something that is actually happening
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

I'm not ignorant to the concepts of military strength, preparedness, staying alert and knowing your enemy but that being said, war is just another profitable business venture to many, including many in power here that like to wrap themselves in the flag. They should be considered enemies as well.
    Ranting incoherently

3. Member
    Hasn't it been this way since 1945 with Russia?

4. Member
    With the Russian showing in Ukraine, losing thousands of young troops, that were not professionally and mentally ready for combat, will be a continuing problem for Vladimir Putin. The lack of any type of legitimate logistics, required to maintain deployed equipment, weapons and personnel is another. So a ground conflict, would be a bad move, especially if the US lends a hand. That leaves Air and Sea.
    To be honest, with all of the Russian moms and dads, that have been forced to deal with their young adult children being forced to fight, when they had no training, it’s surprisingly that Putin is still running things.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natch64 View Post
    With the Russian showing in Ukraine, losing thousands of young troops, that were not professionally and mentally ready for combat, will be a continuing problem for Vladimir Putin. The lack of any type of legitimate logistics, required to maintain deployed equipment, weapons and personnel is another. So a ground conflict, would be a bad move, especially if the US lends a hand. That leaves Air and Sea.
    To be honest, with all of the Russian moms and dads, that have been forced to deal with their young adult children being forced to fight, when they had no training, it’s surprisingly that Putin is still running things.
    Well Putin does kill off his enemies.

6. Member
    Two biggest kids on the block will eventually have to punch each other, problem I have is don’t just sign the paper and send my kids off, they need to make sure they send their kids off too.

I’ll stand right next to any politician on the front lines while we fight as long as he sent his kids too. And that’s how you protect a country

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Iraq made the mistake of thinking Russian munitions were superior to America

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_of_Death

What did it take like 100 days?
    And that was just using our special forces.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    I'm not ignorant to the concepts of military strength, preparedness, staying alert and knowing your enemy but that being said, war is just another profitable business venture to many, including many in power here that like to wrap themselves in the flag. They should be considered enemies as well.

And look out for the bird shot.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    Two biggest kids on the block will eventually have to punch each other, problem I have is don’t just sign the paper and send my kids off, they need to make sure they send their kids off too.

I’ll stand right next to any politician on the front lines while we fight as long as he sent his kids too. And that’s how you protect a country
    I agree. Too many have found ways to exempt their children over the years of the draft.

Stupid. NATO was expressly formed to defend against Soviet/Russian aggression so that in itself should suggest a constant state of readiness. Throw in how many hundreds of Billions we spend a year for DoD and again you have all you need to know about how we feel about our enemies.

I think the reason for these statements is to foreshadow a lot more SPENDING. Get ready for bigger budgets and more taxes. Strategically we may be entering another era where we outspend the Russians ala the Cold War to bankrupt them and bring about political change (again).

11. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Since they are really struggling with Ukraine I'm not worried
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

12. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Putin may be crazy, but he’s not stupid. I seriously doubt that Russia will be attacking NATO anytime soon. Even if Putin was dumb enough to put those plans into motion, I can’t help but think his generals would revolt. If Russian troops can’t subdue Ukrainian forces, they wouldn’t stand a chance against NATO.
    This ^^^^^

Dale Sinclair original

13. Member
    This is an election year. Article after article in the media is fear mongering , just like in last election. Russia is not prepared to take on a small nation, much less NATO.

I'd be more concerned with an EMP, we would destroy our country without anyone landing on our shores.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Well said.....Was it Sinclair Lewis who said "When fascism arrives it will be wrapped in the flag, and carrying a cross"
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

16. Member
    I would be more worried about a war with China myself. The only way Russia is going to war with us is nuclear. And then they know there will be no clear winner. I would be more worried about our country losing from within our own boarders. Rome was once great. I think we should take care of our own business and help friendly countries to us and mind our own business. But that’s just me.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    Russia couldn’t defeat a third world country, they are no threat.
    this is absolute one on one with our forces and they go down quickly -- their best have already been eliminated by Ukraine likely-- nukes is all they got which will be the real issue!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Okay. Finally someone said it. Civilians should be ready and prepped god war. All hail the 2nd !
    Im well prepared

19. Member
    I have a genuine question: if we were to go to war with China, would that cancel all of our debt that they hold? How about the corporate and real estate holdings they have in the US? Generally, countries seize any foreign-owned assets like that in times of war, right?
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

20. Member
    China is the real threat to our country. And has been for years. The Russian scare tactic was just to keep up defense budgets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast