Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanSam View Post
    First thing I thought of!
    Same. I always say it took 30 yrs to get my 4 yr degree. I spent three years in college joined the Army...then spent the next 27 years finishing up the last 30+ semester hours.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

2. Member
    Wow should have a masters, PhD,PE, licensed in every certification available. And still may not qualify for a job. But took several of my friends 6-8 years and doing just fine.

3. Member
    If he took philosophy he’s in luck because they just opened up a new philosophy factory here.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvana37 View Post
    I have a friend whose daughter is going to veterinarian school, and it is a lot longer than some people that are in the medical field.
    To be fair, "in the medical field" is a very broad net you're throwing. Being a nurse's aid with a GED is "in the medical field". But veterinary school (not veterinarian school) is indeed in the medical field-just different species.

"The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    10 years of college for me to get 3 degrees. The final 6 years though I was paid a stipend and tuition cost me $0.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    Same. I always say it took 30 yrs to get my 4 yr degree. I spent three years in college joined the Army...then spent the next 27 years finishing up the last 30+ semester hours.
    Sounds like me, I started college in 1966 and graduated in 1992.

P01135809

So he had redshirt year and 2 medical exemptions for injuries. I dunno, seems weird someone could be eligible for 9 years. Several 30 year old player's in college through the years.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    All this degree talk is kind of funny, the doctor was a joke. Does he even have an associates yet? Nothing in the article about getting a degree or even how many credit hours he has or even what he's studying. It's only about sports and even says his goal is the NFL not a degree.
    I know right?
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    Took me 9 years to get my BS. Factor in working 40 plus hours a week, getting married, managing a crumbling marriage for five years of it and my wife filing for divorce my last week of finals.
    You win, lol! I worked several jobs and mostly over 40/week during the majority of those years, but was single all that time.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Anything goes now. Wonder how long Home Depot has been holding a job opening for him?
    At the rate he's going, he might just go straight to door greeter at Walmart.

12. Member
    That’s why the vets charge $400 for a shot and a butthole squeeze😂😂🤷🏻*♂️

13. Member
    With NIL playing college football can be very lucrative, why not stay and milk it if you know the next level is not in your future.

14. Member
    Professional student and have to love his tenacity.

15. Member
    My daughter got an undergrad degree, a masters degree, and will have a law school degree in 7 years. Is he getting a post graduate degree?

16. dinadore
    I would also like to have the opportunity to study 9 years in college and play football there XD

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    So he had redshirt year and 2 medical exemptions for injuries. I dunno, seems weird someone could be eligible for 9 years. Several 30 year old player's in college through the years.
    Most Mormons do a 2 year sabatical before college, so you see a few Samoan kids as freshman and 20-21 years of age.

18. Member
    He's probably just staying for the babes.
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

19. Member
    Have a cousin who seemed to want to do nothing but go to school.
    Finally he termed out with a doctorate, had a jacket custom embroidered and business cards that said Doctor (insert last name).

He currently works at Arby's (no joke)

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    Have a cousin who seemed to want to do nothing but go to school.
    Finally he termed out with a doctorate, had a jacket custom embroidered and business cards that said Doctor (insert last name).

He currently works at Arby's (no joke)
    If he was really smart he would of studied to be a medical doctor instead of getting a doctorate in psychology unless there is a psychology factory nearby.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast