May be moving to Charleston questions

As stated, I may be moving to Charleston area this summer. I currently live in Iowa and have a Tracker 175 TXW to bass fish the little lakes around here. First question, would this boat suffice to fish the lakes or rivers nearby? Second question , are the 2 big lakes nearby the only places to bass fish within an hour or so to the area? I don't really see anything else on the map. I'm retired and trying to figure out what opportunities to fish I'd have around there. My wife has a internship available there and potential to live there permanently. If that happened, I could in eat in a boat better suited for the area. Any info about fishing the area is appreciated!

2. Member
    Reelblues
    You are moving to the bass capitol of South Carolina........The Santee Cooper Lakes and the Cooper River System....Your boat will work great in all of the waters in the area. As with any area, you will have to pay attention to the weather.
    There are also several other lakes and rivers in the area...Welcome and enjoy

3. Member
    Great salt fishing water everywhere

4. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Oh man..the fishing in the Cooper River just below the lakes can be just as good as the lakes as time and a whole lot less treacherous!! You will also only be 2 1/2 hours away from lake Murray and Georgetown is only a short drive N of Charleston. Another location the pro tournament trails frequent. Your boat will be just fine. As far as the actual big lakes, there are so many ramps around the lake you can pick what area you want to learn and just troll around learning the lake. Backwaters for days. Good luck on your move!!