Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best wintertime waterproof and casting gloves to buy

Would like something thin but still warm, waterproof and good throwing a baitcaster. Thanks
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS
    2024 Mercury V8 ProXS 250hp

2. Member
    I am interested in this post. I have used mustang survival full finger gloves, simms pro dry gloves, aftco hyronaut gloves. None of them really keep my hands warm. i even put underarmour base layer gloves under them and just not been great. lately, i have been using fish monkey wooly gloves under the fish monkey tundra and they work just hard to feel much.

3. Member
    Seal Skinz. But I don’t fish in really cold weather.

4. Member
    Walmart sells a thin rubber coated glove that I use when I'm actually fishing, They cost about $5 . They work well giving me grip and keeping my hands pretty warm because I'm moving around. When I move spots I just take them off , sit on them while I put a normal pair of gloves on.

5. Member
    Cabela's Guidewear GORE-TEX Windstopper fingerless gloves. It looks like they are being discontinued and only have 2XL left in stock. I wish I would've known this when I bought them a couple of years ago, I would've bought another pair or two to have as backups.

6. Member
    Serius is pretty good.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

7. Member
    My hands get cold and wet from the anchor rope in the spring/fall when I'm in my skinny water jon boat.
    Going to give this little heater a try. Fire it up....warm hands....turn it off.

heater.JPG

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    Cabela's Guidewear GORE-TEX Windstopper fingerless gloves. It looks like they are being discontinued and only have 2XL left in stock. I wish I would've known this when I bought them a couple of years ago, I would've bought another pair or two to have as backups.
    Lot of truth up in here. Those are the best gloves I have ever warn. 3 weeks ago I could not find them. I searched everywhere. My wife and kids were sick of me. I could not find them anywhere and I looked for a week. So I went to bass pro to buy them, and they were not there. Incredible disappointment, until I opened up my carry on and found them in the side pocket. WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

I recently bought a pair of thin Columbia gloves that were lined with omni heat coating. I think these will be great. My kid wears them playing soccer, and he had to take them off one 35 degree rainy night because his hands got to hot.

I will keep checking eBay and Amazon. My guess is they show back up. My basspro had 200 pair at first of December, and now nothing.

9. Member
    Cabela's Guidewear GORE-TEX Windstopper fingerless gloves. It looks like they are being discontinued and only have 2XL left in stock. I wish I would've known this when I bought them a couple of years ago, I would've bought another pair or two to have as backups.[/QUOTE]

These were fantastic! I think I lost one so I'll be looking for something too.

Quote Originally Posted by susky killer View Post
    These were fantastic! I think I lost one so I'll be looking for something too.

Are they like these? The "WINDSTOPPER" is a trademark, perhaps they are the same?

https://www.gorewear.com/us/en-us/m-...-gloves-100491

disregard, i see you wanted fingerless
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

Glacier Gloves are what I used to wear ice fishing, very good. Of course if you take them off you are going to be cold, because they don't wick moisture. For me, unless it sub 30 degree and windy I wear mechanic gloves.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

12. Member
    I wear nitrile gloves honestly. Will wear Mechanix gloves when not catching much. Anything else kills my dexterity.

13. Member
    I have a pair of Foot Joy winter golf gloves. Wear nitrile gloves under them. Used them several times on Chick in January.

BB1

14. Member
    I have a pair of Sitka glove that are for duck hunting there very good. Also a pair of Carhartt heavy glove. The key for me is I put hand warmers in the gloves that makes a big difference for me!!

I have Glacier Gloves and they are good for driving but not good at all for keeping on and casting while fishing. Really want something warm, waterproof and good for casting. i got everything else covered except this one. Thanks

What about KastKing gloves ?? Anyone use them ?
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS
    2024 Mercury V8 ProXS 250hp

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    this is what I have and highly recommend. Hate to hear they may be going away.

17. Member
    I have no idea if they qualify as the best, but I bought a pair of Seirus brand gloves at Academy that are thin, waterproof, and warm. They are advertised as the thinnest and warmest gloves available. They were like 40 bucks. I haven't used them casting but I can imagine they would work great. I was specifically looking for thin and warm waterproof gloves mainly for driving when I found these.

Don't use them often, but I have Simms wool gloves, fingerless which I usually wear but also full finger versions as well. And Challenger gloves to wear over them while driving the boat.

Also keep a few pair of nitrile gloves and FootJoy weathersoft gloves in the boat during cold weater... such as it is in Florida ;).

Come to think of it, I also have some of those Cabelas Gore Windstoppers in a Fingeless/Mitt combo in my hunting gear, may have to give them a try on the water. They are much thicker though for really cold temps.

19. Member
    I have yet to find the perfect glove

what I do now is take hand warmers and put them in each jacket pocket and just warm my hands throughout the day while fishing

I wear insulated gloves when I run over to another spot then take them off

Works for me

20. Member
    It's tough but if you can find a decent pair of mechanic gloves that accepts camp dry or something similar It's not to bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast