Trolling motor to battery power connection

I have a 07 Ranger and im switching trolling motors and batteries this winter. I have done this a few times and ea time i question this connection. I guess its solid and been working fine but is there a better way? The terminals being separated by just a small piece of plastic makes me nervous. But i tape it up and run it. Should i change it?

2. Member
    Here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    I would at least spend $9 on a new tm terminal block (your divider is damaged or was trimmed some).
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    Replace that ticking time bomb!!!

I would definitely change that out.

6. Member
    Thanks for the info guys.
    BAM. I am taking your advice and dropping some coin ($12) on a new one. Just got a Power Pole Move TM and Lithiums so what’s another twelve bucks gonna hurt. LOL.

Seriously though , I have looked at that thing a few times over the years and questioned it, but at the same time it’s super sturdy and has been working like this since the dealer installed the original TM in 2007.

But until I looked at what they look like new I see how sketchy it was. Not sure why it was like that. The worst part is…. A Ranger Dealer did that.

7. Member
    We've all seen stuff that should work fail, and other sketchy things last forever! A great mystery of life!

8. Member
    For got the name of the Connecter. Just install one on my New MK Fortex 80 . A lot of boat compays use to install them.
    No problem . Yours looks like some one tried to close it to hard. The piece is broken . That one needs replacing. Look's like some on step on it , while installing it and should have been replace.

Think the place you can get them is Trolling Motor Parts are something like that . I brought a few from them .

9. Member
    TrollingMotor Parts.com Hardwired Terminal Block > $7.95 Ranger and Tritron Boats used them.
    sku
    TM-TBI

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintworx View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.

But until I looked at what they look like new I see how sketchy it was. Not sure why it was like that. The worst part is…. A Ranger Dealer did that.

From the stuff I've seen, I would think this is typical of many.

11. Member
    A small bus terminal block is a really secure and safe way to go. Similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTY57RYD...9kZXRhaWw&th=1

Quote Originally Posted by Smallie_Hawgin View Post
    A small bus terminal block is a really secure and safe way to go. Similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTY57RYD...9kZXRhaWw&th=1
    These are great for what you are wanting to do. However, make sure that the blocks are secured to something and are not just "Floating" about. OR, tape them individually and then tape them both together.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

13. Member
    Bolt them together…and make sure your ring terminals are tinned copper. You don’t want raw copper in the marine environment.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    From the stuff I've seen, I would think this is typical of many.

Dealer installed usually scares me. I have seen 'technicians' that didn't know which way to turn a wrench.