VST Shrader Test Valve Adapter

2004 250 EFI. I have lost the adapter for the schrader valve on the VST. I have a fuel injector test kit but the adapter for the small schrader is missing. Does anyone know the size or where I can order the small adapter to fit the standard size fuel pressure test hose fitting? Is the fitting 1/8" npt? if so, I may remove the test valve and install a standard size schrader valve with pipe adapter just to run a pressure test.

2. Member
    part number for the INJECTOR TEST KIT please ???? i know of only one size schrader for MERCURY optimax and EFI engines
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

GOOGLE (ford fuel injector pressure tester adaptor)
    There many different ones out there, not the same for every manufacture)
    Choose the one looks like yours.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Member
    It's a universal fuel pressure test kit that I bought about 15 years ago. It has everything that I need for the LS motors and most other injector rail lines for Mercruisers, common cars and trucks but it may be the "Ford" adapter line that is missing. Fords have a small schrader valve on some vehicles. I was wondering if the Mercury VST schrader is the same as the common Ford gas motor test port before I order it. Ford has numerous adapters listed because of their diesels.

5. Member
    The adapter for my Snap On kit came apart so I ordered a couple of adapter hoses from <Ehmmm>. Bear in mind that only one of the hoses was good so you get what you pay for. I couldn't wait for the tool truck to come around again.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 01-12-2024 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Announcements
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Quote Originally Posted by Proline25 View Post
    It's a universal fuel pressure test kit that I bought about 15 years ago. It has everything that I need for the LS motors and most other injector rail lines for Mercruisers, common cars and trucks but it may be the "Ford" adapter line that is missing. Fords have a small schrader valve on some vehicles. I was wondering if the Mercury VST schrader is the same as the common Ford gas motor test port before I order it. Ford has numerous adapters listed because of their diesels.
    Exactly the same, same as tire valve stems as well
    Thank You Leon Pugh

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Exactly the same, same as tire valve stems as well
    ^^^^^^+1 right there
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    TR413: .305 x 32tpi

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor