Thermostat Replacement

2019 Mercury ProXS 4 Stroke
    Serial Number: 2B576075

It's time for me to replace my thermostat and need some pointers. First of all, where exactly is it located? Odd question, I know. Any tips/advice/pitfalls to avoid?

Thanks!
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

2. Member
    Don, Joe, Leon, or SilverFox will be along soon to advise you.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Don, Joe, Leon, or SilverFox will be along soon to advise you.
    Thanks. I do all the maintenance on my Mercury so I know my way around the motor fairly well. I just can't see where it would be and there's no YouTube video out there (yet) that shows exactly where it's located.

4. Member
    Well that's a good thing to do as much maintenance as you can on your own and so do I. I was recently at a local boat dealership and the hourly rate was $169@hour to work on your boat and $179 for RV's. One of those guys will surely be along soon to assist you. I'm sure they are very busy.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Mega simple to replace thermostat. It's on top of the engine at the back, dump hose points to STB side and has a large oetiker clamp.

Two bolts to remove... lube o-ring with 2-4-C grease on the new one and install. Set oetiker clamp in exactly the same orientation and clamp.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Mega simple to replace thermostat. It's on top of the engine at the back, dump hose points to STB side and has a large oetiker clamp.

Two bolts to remove... lube o-ring with 2-4-C grease on the new one and install. Set oetiker clamp in exactly the same orientation and clamp.
    Thank you!!