Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

True or False? Can your relate?

Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant... then it seeks to silence good
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

2. Member
    We are living it right before our eyes.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Member
    "Woe to those who call evil good,and good.evil;who put darkness for light,and light for darkness;who put bitter for sweet,and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    We are living it right before our eyes.
    Gary....I see the same thing as you do. It has always been around us, down thru the ages. It's just more predominant now. I really think the older you are the more you see evil in its various forms.

5. Member
    John, you are certainly correct.

I think Lucifer realizes his time is coming quickly and has intensified his demonic attacks.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant... then it seeks to silence good
    Dominant to who? I don't know which specific tolerances you are referencing but I could take a guess, but I won't. What do you think the effects of evil preaching tolerance are?

Okie...in that sentence dominant is the direct object modifying "Evil". Dominant, as it is used in that sentence, refers to when evil gets to a certain point (growth) it DOMINATES life as we know it. The remainder of the sentence indicates what evil does to everything that stands for good.

Is this your guess you were eluding to?

8. Member
    No, maybe your statement was just broad and non specific. Do you have examples of things evil wants us to be tolerant of? And how it becomes dominant and to whom? All of society? Christians too? And how it's more predominant now?

Okie - Let me cut straight to the topic your are eluding to… Do you feel sexual perversion, more specifically the sexual act between two or more people of the same sex, is wrong; and is forcing tolerance of the sinful act promoting evil?
    Last edited by titanxt; 01-11-2024 at 08:38 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by titanxt View Post
    Okie - Let me cut straight to the topic your are eluding to… Do you feel sexual perversion, more specifically the sexual act between two or more people of the same sex, is wrong; and is forcing tolerance of the sinful act promoting evil?
    I wasn't alluding to anything. Where did you get that from anything I said? You do realize I'm not the author of this thread, right?

Okie - I am drawing on your past replies to one particular issue. It seems to be one that causes you some concern. If I am wrong, I apologize.

12. Member
    Okie - I am drawing on your past replies to one particular issue. It seems to be one that causes you some concern. If I am wrong, I apologize.
    I have many concerns, but this isn't my thread. Are you assuming the OP was referencing the topic you mentioned?

Okie - In your first response (#6) you stated, “…which specific tolerances are your referencing but I could take a guess…” Drawing on some of your previous responses from other threads, I went with the odds that your “guess” was likely centered on the homosexuality issue. My question to you has nothing to do with the OP, nor does not being the OP place any protection to on anyone engaged in the thread from being asked a question or receiving a response.

14. Member
    But to answer the question you posed to me, here's what I think. My first issue is with the idea of forced tolerance. Since when are a Christians convictions at the mercy of other peoples opinions or agendas? You said "forced." When current social or political agendas focus on accepting something you know to be contrary to your faith, does that FORCE you to change your beliefs? I truly despise the weak victim mentality that today's Christian community seems to embrace. What happened to faith being the rock and foundation that emboldens and creates unshakable confidence? All I hear now is about how the sky is falling. "They're taking this away from us, they're taking that away from us", "Now they're making us think this or accept that", "We aren't allowed to say this or that anymore." Good grief enough already! We live in a country where churches are on every corner with newer, bigger, and nicer ones being built constantly. There are entire television networks that broadcast Christian programming 24/7/365. If all of those churches and media resources can't put forth a message as strong as that of their opposition, whose fault is that?

Maybe the problem is too much infighting amongst people who are supposed to be on the same side. This forum itself is often a microcosm of that. Sometimes it would be more accurate to name it the "Protestants vs Catholics" forum.

The title of the forum is sufficient as faith is increased by hearing the truth of God’s Word, which covers a multitude of topics.

I agree with your assertion that one cannot force another to change a belief that can be held internally; however, Christians worldwide are being forced to change the exercising of those beliefs. Christians are being murdered for their faith in Christ. Christians are being arrested and imprisoned for quietly praying. Christians are being forced to cater their businesses to beliefs that are unbiblical. Christians are being ridiculed, attacked and demonized by those who disagree with their faith. Christians are being shouted down for not being “tolerant” for the sexual perversion that others want to normalize and introduce to our children. Again, no one can force another to change an internally held belief, but Christians are absolutely being forced to change the exercise and outward profession of their beliefs.

To address the rise of the mega-churches and the television programming… how many are holding to the truth of the Word of God and to the following of Christ? Without going to far down the rabbit hole, I would argue we will continue to see the rise of the secular version of what we once knew as “church.”

16. Member
    No Christians in this country are being murdered or imprisoned for praying nor are christians being forced to not outwardly profess their beliefs. Next you'll say people are being fed to lions, lol. In reality things like the bakery refusing to bake a cake and the controversy surrounding it doesn't rank very high on the historical list of religious persecution. It's a hangnail being compared to a beheading. If a person is bothered by ridicule and personal attacks, their faith must not have been on very solid ground to begin with and that's really all it amounts to in this country we live in. Let's also remember the bible said those things would happen and it's nothing new. Apparently this country has a lot of very weak Christians who can only thrive if all of society approves of them and pats them on the head. We should be very thankful to live in a country where there is still freedom of religion.

You guys are blowing this whole thread way out of proportion. The question I proposed was speaking in general terms....nothing more. How you could come up with Protestants vs Catholics is beyond my pay grade.

Okie - Please note I said, “…Christians worldwide…” You limited the scope of what is happening to Christianity throughout the world to what we are currently experiencing in the United States. Christianity is not confined to the continental United States… The persecution will hit our shores.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    You guys are blowing this whole thread way out of proportion. The question I proposed was speaking in general terms....nothing more. How you could come up with Protestants vs Catholics is beyond my pay grade.
    Oh come on now, I've read several conversations here where shots were fired over the bow over disagreements concerning Catholicism that clash with Protestant beliefs.

20. Member
    Okie - Please note I said, “…Christians worldwide…” You limited the scope of what is happening to Christianity throughout the world to what we are currently experiencing in the United States. Christianity is not confined to the continental United States… The persecution will hit our shores.
    We live here, not there. And there it is again, "the persecution will hit our shores." Why is gloom and dread so appealing that we must constantly speculate on how bad things are going to get? Victimhood, oh woe is me! I just don't get why people cling to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast