Thread: Lost job

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlucas View Post
    I can second that this job market is terrible right now. it's great for entry level stuff but I had no idea how hard it'd be finding a good career style place at 31 with Executive level experience in a couple of different very successful companies.
    Entry level pay is higher, experienced worker pay seems to have come down to compensate.
    My current employer continues to increase my responsibilities while telling me how valuable I am then tells me they cannot raise my pay because profits haven't hit expectations for the last few years.
    I've been browsing jobs for a little bit to at the least be able to use as a bargaining measure but there's either nothing there or the money isn't.

XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

3. Member
    I don't know if they're hiring but Sorinex Exercise Equipment in Lexington, SC hires a lot of people. You might try there.

Prayers for finding the right position. It'll come.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Member
    zoom interviews are a little trickier than in person. Just make sure you're dressed appropriately, try not to have anything in your background that will distract from your appearance (no kids, wife or pets talking or moving around behind you). Speak clearly and confidently and if you need notes, stand them up or tape them eye level with your camera so it doesn't look like you're reading a script. I've done a few zooms myself and they're not as bad as you would believe. Wish you luck in your endeavors and let us know how it goes. Keep your head up, pal.

Stay positive and keep plugging, Good Luck

2009 ELITE 210

7. Member
    Hang tuff my friend. Lost my job back in the 70s went home told my wife, we had three kids no cushion money.
    I said well let's take kids go camping this weekend . I will get serious about my job hunt Monday. That weekend we helped a guy with his motorhome who got locked out. Long story short he helped me get a job waaay better than I lost. Good lord moves in mysterious ways.

8. Member
    Been on both sides of the interview table (39 years with the outfit I work for). Be yourself and smile. When interviewed I wear my watch upside down to remind me to be humble. Strange I know.
    Last edited by Crisco; 02-20-2024 at 10:16 PM.

9. Member

10. Member
    When one door closes another opens

11. Member
    I owned my own business for over 30 years advising small business owners. My and their greatest challenges was attracting and retaining good employees. All agreed lack of experience was not a deal killer if the candidate had a good attitude. Make a list of what experience you have, what personal traits you have and certainly mention two jobs over 28 years. Think about experiences like the time the shit the fan and what you did to fix it. A client of mine owned a mfging plant and one his employees came in Xmas Day to fix a broken water main. Will your former job furnish a job referral? Certainly tell your prospective employer you are willing to learn a new job. Good luck.

Good luck. Be yourself. And know that they would be happy to have you on their staff.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Lost my job back in December 2 days before I turned 66 yo.
    I decided to retire.
    I'm off the career train for the rest of my life.

14. Banned
    I keep hearing and reading about how great the job market is with such low unemployment and how well the economy is doing. What another lie from the big guy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456