Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASS JINX View Post
    Let me ask a few more direct questions... Will my 2021 drive and handle properly with the fury 4? Meaning not hop in the turns. I understand that I may not be able to get top speeds with the fury 4, but can I get a handle on driving it with the fury 4 to where it does not hop through the turns, etc... Then once I get an idea on how to drive it move to the Fury 3 to get more top speed out of it? I would prefer to not have to buy a new prop at this point. If I can run it now with the fury 4 and it not hop and say only run 70 then I am fine with that til I get a grip on how to drive it then maybe switch to the fury 3. I am in the process of measuring the prop to pad and trying to lighten the front end of the boat and get more weight to the rear and port. As far as engine height most of the time I run the plate all the way down
    Drivability should be better with the Fury 4 opposed to the Fury 3 “BUT” the Fury 4 provides alot of stern lift which in your case may be even more considering your lithium troll batteries over heavier wet cell batteries in the back, this can try to force the nose down creating the bow bite that has been discussed. The Bravo 1 XS has a shorter barrel on the prop and doesn’t seem to want to lift the stern like the Fury 4, therefor not trying to force bow down making it run flat. You have to run something on it to get that Lynx deep vee up out of the water so it doesn’t try to bite from time to time and for my 2020 pre modified model the Bravo 1 XS was the answer..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

Everyone who has replied to this thread is giving you excellent information, it all is valid.

Having tried a multitude of props, both 3 and 4 blade on my Lynx, even tried a Croxton Razor XL and a PowerTech. They do not perform nearly as well as the Bravo1 XS/FS. I tend to lean on the XS vs. the FS but they are both pretty comparable. Pitch/diameter varies in any of them based on weight, prop to pad etc etc. No matter what you get, avoid over-trimming or raising the engine too high on your jackplate.

A Fury 4 blade is not the answer. A Bravo 4 blade is wayyy better. You do NOT want stern lift on this boat and it will cause you more issues than it will fix. Considering what you originally described in your boat handling and characteristics, this is not the right prop, in my opinion.
    You want speed/mph ... go with the Fury 3. You can have the Fury 3 worked on to get some bow lift if that is needed. This is no doubt a great prop for this boat.
    Better overall handling, go Bravo1 4 blade.

3 things still need to happen:
    1) Redistribute the weight correctly shifting more heavy stuff towards the back like everyone has recommended. Each boat is different and how they ride but this is a basic maneuver regardless of what make and model boat you have, especially if you have Lithium battery set up.
    2) The more butt time you have in this boat then things become easier. It's like anything else in life, the more time you spend doing something the better you get at it. Watch Mr. Pierce's video on driving a high performance bass boat, great information regardless of your current skill set or years of driving a high performance bass boat.
    3) Did we all say " Buy a Bravo1" ?? LOL

Your close to getting what you want out of the boat. Take everyone's information on this thread and you will see a big difference in how your Lynx performs. Mine was trial and error, much like everyone else's described above.

Tight lines sir ;)
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS
    2024 Mercury V8 ProXS 250hp

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMG63 View Post
    Everyone who has replied to this thread is giving you excellent information, it all is valid.

Having tried a multitude of props, both 3 and 4 blade on my Lynx, even tried a Croxton Razor XL and a PowerTech. They do not perform nearly as well as the Bravo1 XS/FS. I tend to lean on the XS vs. the FS but they are both pretty comparable. Pitch/diameter varies in any of them based on weight, prop to pad etc etc. No matter what you get, avoid over-trimming or raising the engine too high on your jackplate.

A Fury 4 blade is not the answer. A Bravo 4 blade is wayyy better. You do NOT want stern lift on this boat and it will cause you more issues than it will fix. Considering what you originally described in your boat handling and characteristics, this is not the right prop, in my opinion.
    You want speed/mph ... go with the Fury 3. You can have the Fury 3 worked on to get some bow lift if that is needed. This is no doubt a great prop for this boat.

1) Redistribute the weight correctly shifting more heavy stuff towards the back like everyone has recommended. Each boat is different and how they ride but this is a basic maneuver regardless of what make and model boat you have, especially if you have Lithium battery set up.
    2) The more butt time you have in this boat then things become easier. It's like anything else in life, the more time you spend doing something the better you get at it. Watch Mr. Pierce's video on driving a high performance bass boat, great information regardless of your current skill set or years of driving a high performance bass boat.

Your close to getting what you want out of the boat. Take everyone's information on this thread and you will see a big difference in how your Lynx performs. Mine was trial and error, much like everyone else's described above.

Tight lines sir ;)
    Very well said and explained RMG63 and i 100% agree with every word of that explanation
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

Thanks Mark ... always glad to help our fellow fisherman
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS

5. Member

Tight lines sir ;)
    I appreciate all the info. Can you elaborate a bit more on your complete boat set up? Also what kind of speeds/handling/driveability did you seen between the fury 3 and the bravo1 4 blade? It seems to me that I need to get rid of the fury 4. Again, my biggest complaint right now is the hopping in the turns which from the info on here is due to my fury 4 lifting the stern too high and digging the keel of the boat. I would be curious as to your set up batteries, poles, plate, tackle, etc.. and what kind of speeds and handling you are achieving. Thanks again!

Sure thing Larry .. here is my set up:
    2021 250 Pro XS, Bob's hydraulic jack plate, 8ft Raptors (2), 36V Lithium Pro's (2), 12V Lithium Pro (1), Power Pole Charge (1), MK Ultrex 47" shaft with Mega360, Rite Hite Turret and LVS34 FFS, 2 graphs on the bow. I personally weigh 250lbs

These are my numbers, fully loaded and 50 gallons of fuel, jackplate dial usually set at 2. I usually carry 30 rods and I have "tried" to minimize my tackle (LOL!), heavier stuff is stored port side behind passenger seat

Speed with 23 pitch 3 blade Fury is 74@6100 RPM's (Ronnie Gilbert tuned). This prop just takes my boat a little longer to get the bow up than I prefer, especially in big water, otherwise it's a good prop. I can get more MPH out of this prop (76 lightly loaded) but in the upper range you really have to drive this boat, meaning if you over trim it can get a little "squirrely". Hole shot is good.
    Speed with 25 pitch Bravo1XS is 72@6200 RPM's (Ronnie Gilbert tuned). This prop gets the bow up much quicker and has more "bite" in rough water, corners well, handles much more smoothly. Hole shot is Fair compared to the Fury 3
    23 pitch Fury 4blade was 70mph@6050 RPM's (not tuned). This prop was hard to get bow lift on and I suspect the stern lift was a factor in this (Lithiums also play a factor here as well due to weight loss vs. AGM set up). Hole shot was marginal at best. Never experienced "hopping" like you described but I only ran this prop 1 day before deciding it was not the right prop, at least compared to the Bravo1. I would have to defer to others as to why you are experiencing this hopping effect and the causes of it.

I have tried 24 pitch 3 bladed Fury's and can't spin them at the desired RPM range unless the boat was very lightly loaded on tackle and fuel. Tried 26 pitch Bravo1 XS and FS were also lower in the RPM curve and could not spin them with enough RPM to justify their use. Others have though, its all about your weight and loading here for both pitch diameters in this prop.

Using Lithiums vs. AGM or Lead Cell definitely has an effect on this boat, however, I did not buy Lithiums with the mindset of going faster because they are lighter batteries. I wanted piece of mind knowing that I would not have dead batteries at the end of the day, especially considering all the electronics and other drains we put on conventional batteries these days in a bass boat. I used the AGM cranking battery that came with the boat when I bought it new from the factory and it lasted only 14 months before it started to shut down my electronics from drain quicker than when it was new. I have not looked back with any regret going Lithium at all ... BUT this boat did handle a little better with the heavier AGM back there. I overcame that with having Ronnie Gilbert tune these props to the performance aspects I was desiring. He nailed every prop I have sent to him.

I run the 25 Bravo1XS 95% of the year and have the 23 Fury3 as my spare. I mostly fish Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend, so you can understand how rough water handling on these 2 beasts is important !!

Hope this helps,
    Ryan
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTRCraft View Post
    So I know that BCB says they modified the hull for the 4s motors, but I’ll be honest I have a hard time believing that. My 18 Lynx ran the exact same with a 2s Merc as it does with the 4s. The numbers I’m getting are on par with boats that have the modified hull. If they did modify the hull I think it was due to everyone complaining about the handling ride issues. Maybe they put more bow lift to get the longer running surface out of the water for less bow bite. Just my opinion which doesn’t mean much.
    There could be some truth here.

I originally ordered my 18' with a Evinrude G2 300. Now running a Mercury 300R. Nearly identical numbers all around. The G2 had a MUCH better holeshot running a 26" Raker over what the 300R does with a 26" Bravo 1. Biggest difference is that corners with the G2 could get jerky, almost scary, yet the top speed runs were solid as a rock. The 300R is just the opposite. Turns like its on a rail yet at speeds over 65 or so you HAVE to drive it! Both run 73-74 top end.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

8. Member
    Thanks Mark ... always glad to help our fellow fisherman
    Yes, i agree Ryan and all of us Basscat guys are like family also..your response to Larry was amazing and very detailed, if we can get Larry to try a Bravo 1 XS on his Lynx i am sure it will put a big smile on his face, it made me smile when i first ran it on mine. I would say that the Fury 4 didn't really run that bad on mine (heavy batteries in the back why maybe not as bad as with a lithium setup) but its like the Bravo just takes it to the next level where everything just seems to fit. My Fury 3 was the worst of all 3 props across the board unless (TOP SPEED) is your only concern, the fastest i have ever had it was with the Fury 3 @ 79.1 mph by myself, medium tackle and half fuel load with the livewell empty. Fury 4 was 76 mph and Bravo is right around 78 mph all with the same load and conditions, so the Bravo is a tick slower than the Fury 3 but it is not by very much at all and just as you described, its how the Bravo acts at all other speeds is where the real difference is. Mine is a 2020 Lynx single console with a 300 Pro XS 4S, 31 agm cranking and 3 - 27 wet cell trollers, manual jackplate set flush at the top, 8 ft PP blades, Ultrex 112 with active target on a turret, dual HDS live 9's on the bow on a precision sonar mount and a HDS live 12 in the console. i run my 26 Bravo XS 100% of the time and have my 24 Fury 3 as a spare (sold the 24 Fury 4) i kinda put all this info in a quote to you but i am sure that Larry will see it also Mark Vance..
    Last edited by Triton03Vance; 01-10-2024 at 11:29 PM.
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

Thanks for the nice reply Mark, appreciate that. I couldn't agree more on the BassCat family. Funny how that mentality and attitude trickles down from Mr. Pierce straight to the buyer. Mr. Forrest Wood did it at Ranger as well. Everyone trying to help each other is unfortunately a rare breed these days. Not at BassCat we can all agree on that ! Truly blessed to be able to afford the things that come with being a BassCat owner.

I think Mr. Larry will see some instant improvement spinning that Bravo1. Happy New Year to ya'll and tight lines in 2024 !!

Ryan
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton03Vance View Post
    Yes, i agree Ryan and all of us Basscat guys are like family also..your response to Larry was amazing and very detailed, if we can get Larry to try a Bravo 1 XS on his Lynx i am sure it will put a big smile on his face, it made me smile when i first ran it on mine. I would say that the Fury 4 didn't really run that bad on mine (heavy batteries in the back why maybe not as bad as with a lithium setup) but its like the Bravo just takes it to the next level where everything just seems to fit. My Fury 3 was the worst of all 3 props across the board unless (TOP SPEED) is your only concern, the fastest i have ever had it was with the Fury 3 @ 79.1 mph by myself, medium tackle and half fuel load with the livewell empty. Fury 4 was 76 mph and Bravo is right around 78 mph all with the same load and conditions, so the Bravo is a tick slower than the Fury 3 but it is not by very much at all and just as you described, its how the Bravo acts at all other speeds is where the real difference is. Mine is a 2020 Lynx single console with a 300 Pro XS 4S, 31 agm cranking and 3 - 27 wet cell trollers, manual jackplate set flush at the top, 8 ft PP blades, Ultrex 112 with active target on a turret, dual HDS live 9's on the bow on a precision sonar mount and a HDS live 12 in the console. i run my 26 Bravo XS 100% of the time and have my 24 Fury 3 as a spare (sold the 24 Fury 4) i kinda put all this info in a quote to you but i am sure that Larry will see it also Mark Vance..
    Can't thank all of you guys enough for your help, info, suggestions and phone calls. I will be measuring the prop to pad this weekend along with moving some weight around. The guy I bought the boat from is BCB pro staff and has offered help more than once. I will reach out to him and get his take on changing props. Last time I spoke with him he offered to go out on the boat with me. I just hate asking people to do that, but think I need to take him up on that offer and see if we can get this thing flying right. There seems to be about a 50/50 preference on Fury 3 and Bravo 1 props so I am thinking I would like to go out with him and get his input before I decide. Once again thanks to everyone for their help & I will let you guys know what I come up with.

I ran the Lynx for 3 years, 250 hours on big water out west, and was one of the early adopters. Back then we ran every prop that seemed to have promise. The guys are giving you great advice that the best handling prop is the Bravo 1XS, you will get a little more speed with a Gilbert worked Fury, and it will handle better than a stock Fury, but if you switch to the Bravo you will love your boat, instead of fighting it.

12. Member
    Litttle bit of update. A lot of guys asking for prop to pad info. Here it is
    With my jp all the way down my prop to pad was 4.75”. This is where I would normally drive the boat. I had to raise jp on digital gauge to 8 (2.75”) on jp ruler to achieve a 3” prop 2 pad. The guy I boat the boat from is a seasoned driver and bcb pro staff and says he is willing to take me out and help me with it. When I bought boat from him he got it to 74 pretty easily with the fury 4, boat was empty of gear, about 1/2 fuel with 3 people weighing about 200, 165 & 300.
    what’s yals thoughts? I don’t think I want to make a prop change til I go out with him.

^^ From all great feedback you got here from Lynx owners, as well as the factory, it seems a prop change is precisely what you need. Almost (if not every) one echoed the fury 3 and the Bravo depending on what performance/drivability goals you have as a priority. Small price to pay to make a 180 from not being happy with your boat.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

I still say bite the bullet and get a Bravo 1XS ordered. I ran the Tempest, SHO 3 blade, Fury 4, worked and unworked Fury 3s. The Bravo 1XS made me love the boat, me and many others have recommended it over and over, there's a reason why. I don't know anyone that thought it was a bad prop on the Lynx, you might lose 1 or 2 mph, but it won't make you nervous anymore in lower speeds or turns. I launched number 1 at Lake Mead in a 100 boat tournament, loaded with a co and 60 gallons of gas, I ran 40 miles as hard as the Lynx with a Bravo would go and no one ever passed me, so it's fast enough to fish with.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    ^^ From all great feedback you got here from Lynx owners, as well as the factory, it seems a prop change is precisely what you need. Almost (if not every) one echoed the fury 3 and the Bravo depending on what performance/drivability goals you have as a priority. Small price to pay to make a 180 from not being happy with your boat.
    makes sense and not saying I won’t but just curious to try some other things now knowing my prop to pad was way off

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    I still say bite the bullet and get a Bravo 1XS ordered. I ran the Tempest, SHO 3 blade, Fury 4, worked and unworked Fury 3s. The Bravo 1XS made me love the boat, me and many others have recommended it over and over, there's a reason why. I don't know anyone that thought it was a bad prop on the Lynx, you might lose 1 or 2 mph, but it won't make you nervous anymore in lower speeds or turns. I launched number 1 at Lake Mead in a 100 boat tournament, loaded with a co and 60 gallons of gas, I ran 40 miles as hard as the Lynx with a Bravo would go and no one ever passed me, so it's fast enough to fish with.
    what year is your Lynx? Are you running a 250? Also what size bravo 1 you like 25 or 26?

17. Member
    I will add a couple questions to those in the know...

With running the boat at 4.75" p2p what does running it at 3" p2p do? To me this is alot of difference.

Also how much trim do most people run. We were running around 50%-65% trim. Does this sound close?
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

Quote Originally Posted by BASS JINX View Post
    what year is your Lynx? Are you running a 250? Also what size bravo 1 you like 25 or 26?
    I was running a 2018/250 SHO with a 26 Bravo 1XS, Atlas hydraulic, my friend ran a 2018 Lynx 250 optimax with a 25 Bravo. I run a Cougar 203 hybrid now. I would not run a Lynx that high on the jackplate consistently, I think you'll eventually hook it, it will run best and handle best almost bottomed out on the hydraulic plate. High for holeshot, then drop it as soon as the bow breaks over

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    I was running a 2018/250 SHO with a 26 Bravo 1XS, Atlas hydraulic, my friend ran a 2018 Lynx 250 optimax with a 25 Bravo. I run a Cougar 203 hybrid now. I would not run a Lynx that high on the jackplate consistently, I think you'll eventually hook it, it will run best and handle best almost bottomed out on the hydraulic plate. High for holeshot, then drop it as soon as the bow breaks over
    Ok I hear ya but why get the p2p at 3 " then? Just looking for ideas. So a 4.75" p2p is ok?
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12