Garmin vs Lowrance split screens

I have all Lowrance units (12 Live, 12 Carbon, 9 Live).
    I was in a friends new boat and his Garmin 9SV was easy to use and figure out enough to fish.
    The question I have is when on split screens - say Map / Sonar. You press sonar and the entire screen fills with Sonar.
    Press the back button and you get both screens back. Press the Map side and same full map screen.
    This is so cool !!!!!! My Lowrances do not do this. Am I missing something on the Lowrance units.

2. Member
    Nope, Lowrance doesn't work that way. You have to hit Pages and select the new view every time.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Lowrance HDS LIVE and PRO units have Quick-Keys. Set one to the Maximize function.
    Maximize will full-screen the active split-screen window. Pressing it again will return to the split-screen view.

4. Member
    huh, will have to give that a try. Thx for the tip
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    Plus you also have the full size icons in the tray. Simply press pages, then sonar. Press sonar twice and you get split screen with 2 sonars so you can zoom in one and keep the second zoomed out (or use two sonar transducers on the same screen at different frequencies). Plus you have the preset pages on the right, and the hot keys on the front. Lots of customizing options.
    ciao,
    Marc

6. Member
    Great responses but none that compare to Garmin except the quick keys. Only problem is the 12 live is on the bow.
    For catching Hybrids its nice to go between screens fast. As he only had a 9 Garmin the split screen was perfect to swap between Map and Sonar.
    Why sonar, the sidescan does not pick up fish well sitting on the bottom. The sonar does. Just little red bumps in winter.
    Run over them with a splasher prop in the winter and they come up to feed. Been catching 30-40-50 a morning for 2 weeks. Great pull the pole out your hand fun!

I wan to say, and I could be mis-remembering, but there is a YT video out there with Edwin Evers and the Lowrance guying going over the setup of his Lowrance units - it's a 2 or 3 part video series, I think the Lives so would be a few years old. But for some reason I want to say I though they went over a quick way to do this. It might have been the Quick Key/Maximize mentioned above, I just can't recall. But probably worth a watch since if you are new to Lowrance as they have good setup/config info, etc.

Edit here is the first one... from 2 years ago so still current really.

8. Member
    I do the same using quick views on my Carbons. You have to choose what views you assign to the keys, but not getting the problem.

9. Member
    ^^^ agreed… two taps instead of one. I get around fast enough on my Lives.