Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    I carry everything I own in baits and tackle. 4 bait casters and two spinning rods. I own a lot more than that though. Its all I need where I go fish currently, and been going to this lake for years so I just don't need everything under the sun cause this lake, it really fishes about 5 baits consistently. Cranks, spinners, topwater, worms/craws and jigs. And just a handful of variations for each is going to do the job. I think I am fortunate. But then, every single compartment in my 16 ft tracker is packed...... lol
    Last edited by Toni; 01-04-2024 at 08:02 AM.

2. Member
    2 wheelbarrow loads!
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

Not as much as I used to but probably more than I need.

4. Member
    Too much!

I'm a seasonal guy also. I TRY to keep unneeded baits at home. No way I could carry even half of what I own.
    Need to work on my tournament partner

I started skimming this down last year. I feel there's another purge coming. I'm going to start a Fall / Winter pile & Spring / Summer pile. This will allow me to carry only what I use during those periods. Save on searching time and weight for sure!
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

I think for me personally it also was a progression thing. As I fished more I started to realize what I liked to do or what worked best for me. As I gained more confidence in myself fishing wise I started "needing" less stuff.
    I'm also one of those odd personalities where clutter makes me almost anxious. I don't like a lot of clutter around me. I'm not locked down OCD either but I hate clutter of any kind.

8. Member
    Too much, on side note I have everything I need to fish on any given lake, but I do keep a big tournament tote in my truck that I have more lures in that I care to add up because I would know where all my money goes

9. Member
    I carry to much . I blame it on my OCD and boredom (to much time on my hands in retirement. I have 15 rods that I rig before going out 14 3700 boxes 14 3600 boxes and 7 bags of various plastics. My problem is that I don't like to have one box or bag have multiple style of baits. An example is my rattletrap box. I use a 3700 that has 60-70 lures but I really only throw two colors. It's that way on every bait.

10. Member
    Less than I used to. I decide what I'll be doing and having less with me makes me stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I carry to much . I blame it on my OCD and boredom (to much time on my hands in retirement. I have 15 rods that I rig before going out 14 3700 boxes 14 3600 boxes and 7 bags of various plastics. My problem is that I don't like to have one box or bag have multiple style of baits. An example is my rattletrap box. I use a 3700 that has 60-70 lures but I really only throw two colors. It's that way on every bait.

I was like that as well in regards to carrying multiples. I just said the hell with it started carrying 2-4 colors for the most part. I haven't felt like it's hurt me at all. I've yet to wish I had a different color but when fishing.

More than I will live to use.

"I'm just looking for a bite"

13. Member
    same as D. Moore. Too much.

14. Member
    Most all I have. I have a few containers with some tackle on shelves but probably 90% of fishing stuff is in my boats. Bass boat and pond hopper.

15. Member
    Way too much.......have to cull the herd at least twice a year.

My brother gives me a hard time for carrying so much tackle, but the lake is an hour and a half from my house and he has a place at the lake. If he wants to throw something he doesn't have in his boat he simply puts it in when he goes in, or puts it in for the next day. I fish once a week at best and I don't want to be on the lake thinking I should be using something that is in my garage. Admittedly, I have been giving boat rides for some tackle items for a long time, but once in a while I pull something I haven't used in a long time and catch fish with it. I probably knock down the top speed of my boat about 3 mph. but would rather have the tackle with me.

17. Member
    I keep adding more but I'm not catching more.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    A small tackle shop
    My friends call my boat tackle warehouse

Back when I fished more draw tournaments I would try to carry a little bit of everything. Not I fish a lot more team tournaments usually by myself, I only carry what I think I will need. Pretty similar to what you say you carry.

20. Member
    Not much with me. Seven or eight 3700's with hardbaits, topwatet, Jigs, hooks and weights and chatterbaits and maybe a few other things. I had a tote bag I carried my soft plastics in.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast