Thread: Alabama

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkDriver View Post
    I'm sure he's the Big12 version...Ok State aggie
    So there's another thing you're sure of but wrong again.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie74133 View Post
    So there's another thing you're sure of but wrong again.
    Oh well.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Does anyone in Oklahoma like the the longhorns?
    Liking has nothing to do with realizing that Georgia is heads above Texas. Lots of denial here.

4. Member
    Liking has nothing to do with realizing that Georgia is heads above Texas. Lots of denial here.
    Who here is saying Texas is heads above UGA. I think we are saying it would be a competitive game. Texas is good this year, UGA is good this year, Bama, UW, Mich, OSU...all good this year. UGA been the best the previous 2 years. Bama been right there since 2008. OSU been there since Fickell left and before that with Tressell. All this works in cycles. All these programs, including Clemson, Oregon, USC, OU, FSU, Miami and ND have the facilities and resources to win. They all recruit the same players, they all have more money than most. No one here is making a straw man argument or whatever for anyone. And I'm pretty sure everyone on here, minus you of course, agree that anyone could have won any of the playoff games...even if UGA was one of the teams. But hey, you'll get to prove yourself right or wrong next year while you are struggling through the Big12.

5. Member
    Who here is saying Texas is heads above UGA. I think we are saying it would be a competitive game. Texas is good this year, UGA is good this year, Bama, UW, Mich, OSU...all good this year. UGA been the best the previous 2 years. Bama been right there since 2008. OSU been there since Fickell left and before that with Tressell. All this works in cycles. All these programs, including Clemson, Oregon, USC, OU, FSU, Miami and ND have the facilities and resources to win. They all recruit the same players, they all have more money than most. No one here is making a straw man argument or whatever for anyone. And I'm pretty sure everyone on here, minus you of course, agree that anyone could have won any of the playoff games...even if UGA was one of the teams. But hey, you'll get to prove yourself right or wrong next year while you are struggling through the Big12.
    Don't quit your day job to become a psychic. The team I'm a fan of isn't in the Big12 after this year, thank God. Tell you what, if Washington is within 14 points of Michigan at games end, I'll come on here and apologize to you.
    Last edited by Okie74133; 01-04-2024 at 04:23 PM.

6. Member

7. Member
    Don't quit your day job to become a psychic. The team I'm a fan of isn't in the Big12 after this year, thank God. Tell you what, if Washington is within 14 points of Michigan at games end, I'll come on here and apologize to you.
    So its Michigan now? You have a lot of teams. How does that translate to UT and UGA being competitive? And why would I use a transient match-up when I can just watch them play next year? Keep your apology there aggie

8. Member
    Texas better have an answer for Bowers and McConkey
    Both declared for the 2024 draft.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted-LA View Post
    Both declared for the 2024 draft.
    I was talking about this year. I'm sure they'll have another gorilla at tight end

10. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Page 11 and Bama still sucks
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

11. Member
    So its Michigan now? You have a lot of teams. How does that translate to UT and UGA being competitive? And why would I use a transient match-up when I can just watch them play next year? Keep your apology there aggie
    You're so worked up you can't keep up. Let me make it clear. I think Georgia was more deserving to be in the CFP than Texas. Their loss was better than Texas loss. Where Michigan comes into it is because when they utterly destroy Washington it'll show how weak Texas really is. Georgia being snubbed was almost as bad as FSU being left out. And by the way, since you're slow on the uptake, I'm a lifelong Sooner fan. I apologize for making things too complicated to understand for a short horn fan like you, lol. I'll keep it on a first grade level for you.

12. Member
    Oooo a spooner...you sound like a dumb ag, threw me off. Not worked up at all. No idea who's going to destroy who but Vegas who usually wins has UM at -4.5...same spread they had for Texas. UM gets to Penix, they will be more successful than Texas was, they'll have a better chance. I think Harbaugh is a better coach and will adjust better than Sark did, but DeBoer can coach too. UW will get ran on, but Michigan better not get down early and take it off the table...so who knows. Weather UW wins or looses doesn't mean Texas would be uncompetitive against UGA. Your opinion on who should be in the playoffs doesn't line up with the criteria on the committee's website but all that would have meant was 13-1 record instead of 12-2. Spooners need to hold up your end of the bargain though and beat KU and the pokes.
    Last edited by HawkDriver; 01-05-2024 at 07:26 AM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arley View Post
    I believe Georgia would have beat Michigan like a rented mule
    It doesn't matter because they lost and didn't get to the playoffs. Like they say in court - "it doesn't matter what you think, or what you might believe, the only thing that matters is what you can prove". There are many teams that can beat any other team on the right day, but only the ones that do will get to the championship. Georgia won a couple, and they will surely be back at the top again but its going to be tough for any team to repeat year after year.

14. Member
    Oooo a spooner...you sound like a dumb ag, threw me off. Not worked up at all. No idea who's going to destroy who but Vegas who usually wins has UM at -4.5...same spread they had for Texas. UM gets to Penix, they will be more successful than Texas was, they'll have a better chance. I think Harbaugh is a better coach and will adjust better than Sark did, but DeBoer can coach too. UW will get ran on, but Michigan better not get down early and take it off the table...so who knows. Weather UW wins or looses doesn't mean Texas would be uncompetitive against UGA. Your opinion on who should be in the playoffs doesn't line up with the criteria on the committee's website but all that would have meant was 13-1 record instead of 12-2. Spooners need to hold up your end of the bargain though and beat KU and the pokes.
    Spooner? Haven't heard that one. Most aggies say "gooner" so it's nice to hear something different. Yep, the Sooners need to get better no doubt. Bringing up OU helps make my point. In my opinion the CFP should have been the three undefeated teams without question. As for which one loss team I just think Georgia was still deserving. The idea that Texas had to go because they beat Alabama is convoluted in my mind. Think about this, Georgia was left out because they lost late in the season. They lost to a team better than the team Texas lost to. I'm an OU fan but I'm realistic enough to know Alabama was better than OU, especially late in the season. If a late loss is unforgivable why isn't an early season big win disregarded? Alabama obviously put things together and got better, so why should Texas win over them in September decide anything? What criteria on the committees site are you referring to? Please don't say taking the conference champion in power 5 conferences because that didn't matter with FSU.

15. Member
    Dude I wasn’t on the committee. I’m glad we got in, I would have been disappointed and happy making to a new years six. You talk football amongst teams that have equal talent in superlatives and absolutes…destroyed, dominated, no chance, etc. You sound foolish. All the games you speak of either did or would come down to a specific match up, scheme, breaking tendency, or an adjustment….hence the reason you are seeing all those games come down to one possession. As for the championship game, it has no bearing on previous matchups because they are just that, different.

16. Member
    How on earth are you two still arguing about this?
    ________
    $8

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    How on earth are you two still arguing about this?
    I'm discussing rationally, he's arguing out of emotion.

18. Member
    I'm discussing rationally, he's arguing out of emotion.
    What emotional argument have I made? That would be you there bud. It’s clear to everyone here you look at rankings and highlights and form your decision. Like was said earlier, you’d get laughed out of most football sites. You sound confident though, take Michigan, the under and points…should pay out pretty good.

19. Member
    What emotional argument have I made? That would be you there bud. It’s clear to everyone here you look at rankings and highlights and form your decision. Like was said earlier, you’d get laughed out of most football sites. You sound confident though, take Michigan, the under and points…should pay out pretty good.
    Maybe you should worry less about the approval of people on "football sites" and just be rational. I'm sure you're popular on the Longhorn sites because you toe the company line. Texas focus in the off season should be doing whatever it takes to not have to face Washington again next year, lol. Talk about getting owned. Georgia they are not.

20. Member
    Maybe you should worry less about the approval of people on "football sites" and just be rational. I'm sure you're popular on the Longhorn sites because you toe the company line. Texas focus in the off season should be doing whatever it takes to not have to face Washington again next year, lol. Talk about getting owned. Georgia they are not.
    So no examples? Ok

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast