Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    That'll be a snooze fest!!! I really hope that doesn't happen....I like the kid but one guy winning everything is boring!
    Totally agree. Jett seems like a good kid, but I like to see the series come down to the last race with more than one person having a shot at it. Runaway champions are just boring, IMO.
    John

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    I was out of town all last week and while watching last nights race I heard them talk about Schock, that sucks. Hope he boots Deegan off the track the same way before the season is over.
    I will say that I am more impressed with Coty Schock than just about any other rider out there in terms of desire and wanting to do well for his team. The guy broke his collarbone on Saturday, had surgery to plate the collarbone on Monday (was in rehab 1 hour after surgery) and lined up and raced on the following Saturday night. That's guts and determination if I've ever seen it. I hope the factory teams are paying attention to someone who has the desire to compete in the most difficult of situations!!!

I will say that I am more impressed with Coty Schock than just about any other rider out there in terms of desire and wanting to do well for his team. The guy broke his collarbone on Saturday, had surgery to plate the collarbone on Monday (was in rehab 1 hour after surgery) and lined up and raced on the following Saturday night. That's guts and determination if I've ever seen it. I hope the factory teams are paying attention to someone who has the desire to compete in the most difficult of situations!!!
    I heard he was at the airport the next morning with a backpack on. Either he has an extreme high pain tolerance or someone isn’t telling the truth.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I heard he was at the airport the next morning with a backpack on. Either he has an extreme high pain tolerance or someone isn’t telling the truth.
    I am going to guess he can take the pain....plus it isn't like a joint, it was a collarbone but the fact that he was racing 6 days post-op is amazing. I had to have my right collarbone plated because I broke the end of it completely off where it connects to my shoulder. If it was a clean break in the middle they normally just let them heal on their own. I am guessing in his case he chose to have it plated to get back on the bike. They showed pics of it...it was deff real.

I am going to guess he can take the pain....plus it isn't like a joint, it was a collarbone but the fact that he was racing 6 days post-op is amazing. I had to have my right collarbone plated because I broke the end of it completely off where it connects to my shoulder. If it was a clean break in the middle they normally just let them heal on their own. I am guessing in his case he chose to have it plated to get back on the bike. They showed pics of it...it was deff real.
    Some of the media guys were questioning it.

6. Member
    Did Jett win all three races. I did see him win the second and they said he won the first.

Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Did Jett win all three races. I did see him win the second and they said he won the first.
    Yes.

8. Member

When he fell in the whoops or rhythm section and got right back up and at it I cringed. Even riding with it plated a week before is unreal. I never broke one in my racing years but did break mine on a bicycle when I was like 8-9 and all they did was put a brace on to keep my shoulders pulled back. I couldn’t imagine even riding much less racing a week later, he is determined and deserves a raise with a mental focus like that.

9. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Attaboy, Levi… dominant performance on a tough track tonight.
    Who controls John Gill?

10. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Don’t care who you pull for… that was a helluva 450 final!
    Who controls John Gill?

11. Member
    Great 450 main. Congrats cooper Webb.
    2005 Ranger 185VS

Great race and great podium speech. He snuck in morning wood on the podium.

13. Member
    Cooper Webb got 2 freebies to get that win. Jett blew it by trying to force the pass and dropped the bike, then when Sexton stalled the bike in a turn it allowed Webb to take the lead. I feel those two riders lost the race more than Webb won it. But a win is a win, sometimes that's how you got to do it.
    Tomas is done, I don't see him getting anymore W's in his career.

14. Member
    So how many of the guys do you think have the mental thought of “I hope Jett makes a mistake so I have the chance to win or at least get by him” in their head. Looks like that’s going to be the only way everyone else will get the chance to top him. Besides him dropping the bike when he got into Webb, if he wouldn’t have got hung up behind the stall at the sand wall I think he would have been right back in the mix again. He is smooth and makes up time quicker than what the lap times show it seems like.

I think with Jett a lot of it is his age and he is willing to take more risks than some of the other older group.
    take the sand wall. Jett was the first one to double it. Then Coop started doing it but was no where near as smooth with it.
    Coop almost crashed almost everytime he did it but it did work and made him up some time.

I think with Tomac he is just riding out his time. Hate it but I think that is what it is. When he came back and got on the track with Jett he realized how fast the kid was.
    Cooper and Sexton I think still have the drive and want for a W where Tomac is #2 in all time wins so I think he is happy and content with where his career is and will be for a long time.

16. Member
    That was a great 450 main....one of the better ones I've seen in quite some time. Over the years the one thing I've learned is the you DO NOT count out Copper Webb!! Ya gotta be there at the end to win them....you could not lead any single lap but lead one to win it.

I'd like to see Tomac get a win before the end of this season but I'm not sure if it's in his future but I would also not be surprised to see the beast mode show up and he pulls one out.

17. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Since we occasionally talk about the 2-smokes and our nostalgia for them here in the thread, thought I'd post this one up from Kaplan Cycles... they maintain a pretty steady stream of vintage MX bikes. Would love to see their place one day.

Appears to be a real gem... top-shelf mods and possibly Honda's best 250 engine, ever. Wish I could justify it, but there's just nowhere even close around here for me to ride and enjoy it.

It can be yours via their auction tomorrow morning!

1998 Honda CR | eBay

Gonna include this one, too. I had a G model 125... probably my overall favorite bike I ever raced. Simple, light, great handlng and fast.

1980 Yamaha YZ | eBay
    Last edited by hatcreek; 03-25-2024 at 05:22 PM.
    Who controls John Gill?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Great race and great podium speech. He snuck in morning wood on the podium.
    It was a great race. Will Christien laughed off the morning wood reference.

19. Member
    Brian those are beautiful bikes!!!
    I keep toying with the idea to seek out a 2002, 2003 YZ 250 and do a full rebuild.....not something to ride but something to look at and occasionally fire up just for the sound and smell! My 2003 YZ 250's were probably my most favorite bikes I ever owned.....the 2005 CRF 450 was a close second.

20. Member
    To me the true Yamaha colors will always be yellow and black! I remember in 1985 when they went to red/white color scheme, my brother got a brand new yz 125 that year, cost was $1600.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast