Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    To me the true Yamaha colors will always be yellow and black! I remember in 1985 when they went to red/white color scheme, my brother got a brand new yz 125 that year, cost was $1600.
    Yep...black and yellow with that #1 printed on the number plates!!!! The red and white was interesting then the purple and white and eventually the blue color now. I do like the blue...always have. They look even better with the blue wheels....that took a minute to grown on me.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Great race and great podium speech. He snuck in morning wood on the podium.
    Lol, heard that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    Brian those are beautiful bikes!!!
    I keep toying with the idea to seek out a 2002, 2003 YZ 250 and do a full rebuild.....not something to ride but something to look at and occasionally fire up just for the sound and smell! My 2003 YZ 250's were probably my most favorite bikes I ever owned.....the 2005 CRF 450 was a close second.
    I just picked up a 2000 YZ250. Its a little rough but will be in top shape shortly. Got a ton of parts on order for it this past few days.
    Cant wait to start riding it.
    I bought a 1999 YZ250 new years ago. Was one of the first ones to have one when they went to the new motor in '99, Loved that bike.

4. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I just picked up a 2000 YZ250. Its a little rough but will be in top shape shortly. Got a ton of parts on order for it this past few days.
    You'll enjoy that
    Who controls John Gill?

5. Member
    I bought a 1999 YZ250 new years ago. Was one of the first ones to have one when they went to the new motor in '99, Loved that bike.
    Dang lucky u. I am 66 gonna b 67 in May. And I still want to take a good ride on a dirt bike. Haven’t rode in years but would love to. And that last 450 race was awesome.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Dang lucky u. I am 66 gonna b 67 in May. And I still want to take a good ride on a dirt bike. Haven’t rode in years but would love to.
    I'm the same age. First new bike was a '79 YZ125. Fun bike, but constant rebuilds. I'm still riding and racing at a high level on KTM's, but only offroad (enduro/hare scrambles), not MX. Never was into track riding.
    John

7. Member
    Leave it to Barcia to make the dumbest move of the night and take Jett out, he had to have hurt something with that hit. If anyone didn’t know any better that looked almost like an intentional cheap shot. Why would you square off a corner that hard that early?

8. Member
    Tomac....old guys rule!!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    Leave it to Barcia to make the dumbest move of the night and take Jett out, he had to have hurt something with that hit. If anyone didn’t know any better that looked almost like an intentional cheap shot. Why would you square off a corner that hard that early?
    I'm gonna go with not an intentional move. Racing lines converging. Barcia knows better than that despite his reputation..that's a femur breaking move 99% of the time. If Jett hadn't swung his leg back we wouldn't see him til next supercross season.

10. Member
    Hey..how about that #3?!?!?! Happy as ever for him!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    I think a barcia was guarding the inside vs friese which we know how dirty he is. Jett cut down early and barcia slammed him. I don’t think it was intentional but it sure looked bad.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I think a barcia was guarding the inside vs friese which we know how dirty he is. Jett cut down early and barcia slammed him. I don’t think it was intentional but it sure looked bad.
    It wasn’t intentional but with him so far behind the lead group he should’ve known Jett was going to cut down just like he did. Barcia should have pinched off jackass Friese sooner and he prob wouldn’t have t-boned Jett.

Bam Bam didnt do it intentionally. You can see if you watch close he was on the brakes hard, the rear end was off the ground.
    I was really surprised that Jett got back on the bike after that hit. Big respect for that.

I was really happy to see Tomac win. The suck part it was in STL an hour from my house and my wife asked if I wanted to go and I didnt.
    I wish now I would have went.

On another note. Kitchen is on fire that kid moves.

14. Member
    I think Jett uses the off week to recover and goes beast mode on the field next round. Did anyone see the futures race? The 15 year old kid from Chattanooga looked really good.

15. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    I'm completely in the 'not intentional / converging lines' camp with regard to the Barcia/Lawrence collision. Bam Bam was hard on the brakes and Jett did cut down very tightly given how he entered the corner. You can also see Justin look back at Jett after clearing him and putting his left hand up to his helmet in pretty much an "aw, crap" gesture.

It was a racing incident... hope Jett has no serious injuries and heals up soon.

Really happy to see Eli take another overall, and a triple-crown at that... the format definitely suits him. Hope he's not done winning in '24.

As far as the 250 class; my favorites in the East (McAdoo) and West (Kitchen) are both tearing it up! Mitch has got those boys going great right now... hope it continues for them.

Oh, and yes! The kid in the SX Futures class, Drew Adams... been keeping up with him a bit through some YT stuff. If he stays healthy and continues on his present path, I believe he's going to be something special. Incredibly fast and seems to have his head on straight... and he just turned 16.
    Who controls John Gill?

16. Member
    Anybody know if J Lawrence is hurt?

I never saw any social stuff about Jett if he was hurt or not.
    I looked around some but found nothing.

18. Member
    Might b keeping it hush hush. Thanks.

19. Member
    It sounds like he just got dinged up a little. He should be good to go.

Think my wife had said she saw something some where they had said that when Barchia hit Jet the bar hit some nerve somewhere on his body that caused his arm and leg to go numb for a few min.
    That was hy it took him a bit to get going again.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast