Thread: IKon boats?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Carrillo View Post
    They are selling plenty of boats. They sold over 150 just at the Classic. Thats more than Ballistic has sold in 5yrs.
    150 boats at any show would break a world record, there aren't many dealers that sell that many bass boats for one brand...

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Engelmeyer View Post
    150 boats at any show would break a world record, there aren't many dealers that sell that many bass boats for one brand...
    I'm not sure they have retailed 50 since the Classic introduction. Not sure where they are if they have.

3. Member
    most of the talk i hear is they are stupid expensive and a waste. Slow too.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
    most of the talk i hear is they are stupid expensive and a waste. Slow too.
    You mean there are bass boat owners out there that immediately hate anything new or outside the norm, or can't understand why anyone would buy something different that what they bought, or just generally hate anything that they can't afford? Maybe all three? Weird....lol!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    You mean there are bass boat owners out there that immediately hate anything new or outside the norm, or can't understand why anyone would buy something different that what they bought, or just generally hate anything that they can't afford? Maybe all three? Weird....lol!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Just to provide some clarification, I miss spoke by saying 150 boats were sold at the Classic. I spoke with a representative from iKon after the Classic and at that time they had 150 boats on order plus or minus. BTW for anyone who's in the market for a Ranger, Vexus, or Ballistic the iKon is in that price range, regardless of how people want to pay for them. IKon now has a network of 30+ dealers so clearly there is a lot of interest in this boat.
    Last edited by Leo Carrillo; 01-05-2024 at 11:30 AM.

7. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Just to provide some clarification, I miss spoke by saying 150 boats were sold at the Classic. I spoke with a representative from iKon after the Classic and at that time they had 150 boats on order plus or minus. BTW for anyone who's in the market for a Ranger, Vexus, or Ballistic the iKon is in that price range, regardless of how people want to pay for them. IKon now has a network of 30+ dealers so clearly there is a lot of interest in this boat.
    Why don't you send Al From Canada a message? He owns the joint and he's the one who decides if it's worth the bother of setting it up, getting an admin for the forum, etc.

It should be pretty clear by now that no BBCer who has seen this post (or the other one you made earlier in the year) has one.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

8. Member
    Why would Ikon not deserve a page? They're selling boats. It's an interesting design. If you think Ikons cost too much then don't follow their page.

9. Member
    It looked as if Tyler Berger (YT BassFishingHQ) is his last video had one sitting in the garage...assume he'll post about it

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaKev View Post
    It looked as if Tyler Berger (YT BassFishingHQ) is his last video had one sitting in the garage...assume he'll post about it
    he did weeks ago new from clemons in northern ohio
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

The Ikons I've seen in person look great. I saw H. Shryock's new Ikon after the wrap and honestly the wrap kind of made the boat not as appealing looks wise to me. It's weird to me with a wrap on it. Might just be that particular wrap though.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 01-07-2024 at 01:23 PM.

12. Member
    I saw Tylers at the lake this fall. We were at the launch at same time. This boat has a massive front deck and storage was really nice. In my opinion its a sweet boat. Looks like it will handle big water nicely.

What's your connection with iKon boats? Do you own one?

14. Member
    The misunderstanding here is that 150 boats on order means that most likely 90% of the 150 are dealer inventory orders. Along with having 30+ dealers. This just means that dealership principals like the boats, not really proving that the customer base jumping at the opportunity. Regardless, I like the boat concept. They should have their own sub forum. But lots of smoke and mirrors about Ikon sales at the moment. Will they be fine? Yes, but it takes time to build a boat brand. Regardless of the Hydrasport and HCB connection, they need some time before they start pumping out numbers that are satisfactory to the owner group. However, I am sure they know this.

15. Member
    I'll be a future owner at some point in the near future. I have had the pleasure of speaking with Kelly several times at the factory. She's a gem BTW
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    What's your connection with iKon boats? Do you own one?

16. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Can always put them in the Rare Boat Brand group.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The Ikons I've seen in person look great. I saw H. Shryock's new Ikon after the wrap and honestly the wrap kind of made the boat not as appealing looks wise to me. It's weird to me with a wrap on it. Might just be that particular wrap though.
    I don't think I've ever seen a boat look better with a wrap TBH.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Those 150 boats on order how many were dealer only orders? First year numbers are always high as they build out there dealer network. It will only be clear in the next 2 years how much interest is out there. I do think Ikon will be around for the long haul though. I just don't see them selling 150 boats a year to actual customers. Just my opinion
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

19. Member
    I see Ikon boats almost daily because we have a local dealer who sells them, along with Falcon and Allison boats.

I've yet to see an Ikon in person. maybe soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast