Tire Skates question

I will be getting a '23 Sabre ,selling my '09 Sabre and going from single to dual axle. I have garage issues, short depth, plus 90 degree and slight uphill entrance, plus only about 3" on either side of 9' door. With the single axle, I get it about halfway plus in, (that's what she said lol), and then push it and move it into angled position, (wife's car is on other side). I have only inches of wiggle room when done. I know that dog won't hunt with dual axle. I assume I will be able to do the same back up routine getting it halfway plus in, then unhooking trailer. Do I want to get TWO or FOUR tire skates? I am not picking up the boat, 850 miles away for 2-3 weeks, but i see the Daytona ones at Harbor Freight are on sale now, with good reviews.
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

Similar garage situation here and I went from a PII on a single axle trailer to a Nitro Z19 on a dual axle. I use the Harbor Freight ones, and you just need two. Put them on the front trailer wheels and you will be good to go. It slides right into place no problem. I also drop the tires down after I move it so it's not resting on the wheel dolly's.
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    Buy 4 and if not needed take the extras back.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater All Day View Post
    Similar garage situation here and I went from a PII on a single axle trailer to a Nitro Z19 on a dual axle. I use the Harbor Freight ones, and you just need two. Put them on the front trailer wheels and you will be good to go. It slides right into place no problem. I also drop the tires down after I move it so it's not resting on the wheel dolly's.
    So with only two dollies in use, how much does the rear wheels drag?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    It's a PITA even on the dollys. Hard to get all the wheels lined up and going in the same direction. I did it for a while but it wasnt easy.

6. Member
    Wouldn't the front axle on dollies make the trailer act like it's single axle?
    2016 ZX250

It's easy for me, so not sure what is hard about it - it lifts the front wheels off the ground and makes it act like a single axle so you can move it. Line it up and push it in place! My garage is a standard 2-car and I measured it out, 24' from back corner to opposite front corner. Fit's in nicely with a little room left in front so I can squeeze by with the garage closed. I've been doing it this way since I bought the boat in Aug of 2022...

IMG_20220831_201325886_HDR.jpg
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Mine is a my shop, so if anything, i'd back straight in with truck, unhook and then use the dollies for moving to side, no twist and turning involved.....it would go no more than 5' sideways, so would it not work that way?? Its a tandem axle.....
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 12-28-2023 at 07:28 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    Here’s my .02 worth. I had the cheap off brand skates and they do work. But the original Go Jacks brand although much more expensive work so much better and move easier.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    So with only two dollies in use, how much does the rear wheels drag?
    i put a set under the front axle and boat turns very easily. I actually roll it in and out without dollies then install and swing it around.

get 2 like these https://www.amazon.com/Sunex-Tools-1...%2C147&sr=8-23
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Mine is a my shop, so if anything, i'd back straight in with truck, unhook and then use the dollies for moving to side, no twist and turning involved.....it would go no more than 5' sideways, so would it not work that way?? Its a tandem axle.....
    Yeah, you would need two sets for that, one on each wheel so you could move the whole boat side to side. Just putting them on the front wheels is only going to allow swinging the front end around.

I have the cheaper ones from Harbor Freight and they have been awesome, no issues at all.
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com

Quote Originally Posted by Topwater All Day View Post
    Same here. Harbor Freight units and one per side. Sabre is not really heavy and I can move it around easily.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

IMG_20231228_172459535_HDR.jpg

Fit's in there snug, but it works!
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com