Thread: Spot on carpet

Spot on carpet

I picked up my boat yesterday from dealer. I had a few warranty issues…One of the issues was a new bilge pump. When I got home and removed cover I noticed a spot about the size of a nickel that looks burned on my livewll lid. Upon further inspection and noticing all the silicone used in repair,,,I’m thinking it’s a silicone spot. Any ideas on how to repair this?
    2022 Bass Cat P2…Pro XS 200

Silicone will not bound to carpeting, so it will dislodge with encouragement. We use plastic and wooden paint sticks to flex it in a back and forth motion. Unsure the amount, or size, so it may take more effort if it’s down into the webbing holding the knap.

Most any chemical that softens it will absorb and harm the glue underneath. We do use light Acrysolv in some areas to soften it on occasion… carefully.

3. Member
    pinch the silicone between fingers and rub hard will start breaking down into little balls of silicone
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Thanks for the info guys…I unfortunately think it’s something other than silicon. I have contacted dealer, and sent pic. Hopefully I can get it fixed fast and soon.

merry Christmas

5. Member
    As suspected. My dealer will not respond. Any ideas on how to fix this. Also, if Bass Cat is watching these threads let me know what I need to do to become a real dealer in the BR area. Never had an issue with my Ranger dealer.

We’re on it…