Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Praying SPINAL CORD SIMULATOR!

I'm being tested for 1 week to see if this spinal cord simulator will work. I have a lot of pain in my spine and cortisone shots no longer do any good. I'm wondering if anyone here has had this procedure and has it worked to stop the pain in the spine. THANKS!

2. Member
    Lived the last 2 years with lumbar 2-3 bone on bone. Sciatica. Tried the injections last spring. Had a relatively pain free summer. October it came back with a vengeance. Couldn’t sit in a chair or truck. Couldn’t stand without pain Read about the stimulator. But Doctor thought it was a temporary fix. Had a fusion and disc replacement 5 weeks ago. Won’t lie first 2 weeks were miserable. Had my post op appointment yesterday. Doctor says doing great. No pain at all. No pain pills for almost 3 weeks Doctor says should be able to do anything I want by mid February

3. Member
    My wife had 1 put in 2 years ago. All it does is take up space in her back. None of the remote adjustments have done any good. Our neighbor had the same results. Hope it works for you.

4. Member
    2 back surgeries but am not familiar with the stimulator treatment.

Prayers for your condition to find some relief. I can sympathize with back & spinal problems it’s a very difficult struggle.

Best regards and well wishes, Mike B.

5. Member
    A friend had one put in and it worked pretty decent most of the time but when it quit working he went under the knife. Apparently spinal surgery is so much better than it was and he is now pain free most of the time. The hot and humid weather will get his goat once in awhile but never regretted the surgery.

Wife's failed after 6 months, wires slipped and the did not want to go back in because of scar tissue. Now this is older tech so maybe it has gooter better but she has a battery in her and wires that are just sitting there for years.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

7. Member
    Thanks for all the comments! Doesn't sound like a success, but I guess I'll try their 7 day trial and see what happens.

8. Member
    Back pain sucks and never ever ever heard of anyone or anything that really works. Wish you the best!

9. Member
    I wish they would find something that would work. I am tired of all this.

My doc gave me 20mg Prednisone to take a day before and day of a fishing trip. I feel fine for the first few hours but the old pain gets me square in the middle of the back. I haven't started shots yet...waiting as long as I can before I start down that road. My brother went trough it all....first shots...then laminectomy...then fusion...then more fusion...never pain free.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

My wife had it put in. Then when they did the trial run it worked pretty good. Then when they put it in her back not so much. In 2 weeks she is getting it removed.

12. Member
    My 82 yo MIL had the test done, worked so they scheduled the implant for a few weeks later. Long few weeks as she was in pain. It has been 2 months and she still has some tolerable (meaning take Tylenol) pain from the surgical area. It was pretty bad for about 6 weeks, which the surgeon said would happen. Have not had to make any adjustments to the setting yet.

13. Member
    I think there is a class action suit recently opened on those device's.

14. Member
    Thanks Again for replies! I get no relief from Tylenol never have ,but it's the only thing docs around here tell you to take! I do get some relief from ALEVE.

Quote Originally Posted by RDOCK View Post
    Thanks Again for replies! I get no relief from Tylenol never have ,but it's the only thing docs around here tell you to take! I do get some relief from ALEVE.
    Dental surgeon taught me a trick. 3 ibuprofen and 1 Tylenol. Hasa codeine effect.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    My doc gave me 20mg Prednisone to take a day before and day of a fishing trip. I feel fine for the first few hours but the old pain gets me square in the middle of the back. I haven't started shots yet...waiting as long as I can before I start down that road. My brother went trough it all....first shots...then laminectomy...then fusion...then more fusion...never pain free.
    My wife has been through absolute hell with her back after 3 surgeries & turning sepsis after number 3. Has major nerve pain 24 hours a da y& can't hardly get through the day. Her life has pretty much been ruined because of it. I feel for your brother.

Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    Dental surgeon taught me a trick. 3 ibuprofen and 1 Tylenol. Hasa codeine effect.
    No, it actually doesn't. The combo may work for you and there is now even an OTC analgesic with a similar combination. But it does not remotely have a similar mechanism of action to an opiate
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

18. Member
    Father and mother-in-law both got it. The trial period seemed to provide some relief but once implanted it didn’t work for either one.

Is this spinal cord stimulator something like a TENS device just permanently implanted ?
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

20. Member
    My wife and I both have had back surgeries and she has the useless stimulator. We are both 76 so no more back surgeries for us. We are going to try acupuncture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast