**Final episode of Getting a new Phoenix boat** new style complies with BBC

Enjoy guys. Good info on this one.
    Big Jim

Youtube channel "Big Jim Fishing"
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAq...2zMGIr0E4xHQZQ

I’ve never been a fan of helix. From the poor designed cable connector and weak gimbal system. To the lack of customization and slow operating speeds. Many reasons to chose Solix and honestly now apex. I’ve been on the Solix train since 2018.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Thank god, 12 plus videos of new boat with very little fishing if any is a bit much as well as multiple pimping posts on bbc forums and facebook. It’s why I no longer subscribe. Go fish. Btw you are probably the first Ive seen go from solix to helix back to solix i used to enjoy the videos when you dialed in your electronics in detail but then it seemed you just made videos to make videos that lacked content. Hope you get back to that and at least show some fishing
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

5. Member
    jim are you happy with the switch from phx to elite since main difference maybe 2 miles faster and lower gunnels since they have same floor plan

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Thank god, 12 plus videos of new boat with very little fishing if any is a bit much as well as multiple pimping posts on bbc forums and facebook. It’s why I no longer subscribe. Go fish. Btw you are probably the first Ive seen go from solix to helix back to solix i used to enjoy the videos when you dialed in your electronics in detail but then it seemed you just made videos to make videos that lacked content. Hope you get back to that and at least show some fishing
    My videos have always been different from everyone on YT. I’m not even a great fisherman. I do this for fun and that’s enough. I’m sorry you hate on me so bad Mr. Lenke. You were a cool dude until I called out DL and quit being an independent contractor for them. But you be you man.
    Big Jim

Big Jim no one has content like you. Detailed, organized, informative and reasons behind stuff. Keep it up. Also Mr Jacob wheeler went from Solix to helix back to Solix as well. There’s way too much fishing content now and not enough boat rigging and tips like you have.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Definitely not enough boat build videos, especially the way things are changing now. When I put my new boat together Jim’s videos were the most relevant and recent out there. Hell Jim even got a video of my boat in the production line at the Phoenix factory which was awesome. If my day job wasn’t so time intense I’d love to do some build videos of my 21XE - lot of unique custom work and rigging.

As far as graphs - you definitely made the right call. I’m running Apex units on my boat.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

9. Member
    I enjoyed the videos it’s to bad I ordered my boat a few months before you started this series. There’s definitely some things I would have done different on my Phoenix after watching your videos keep it up Jim .
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

Great videos Big Jim and thank you for the content!

11. Member
    I met you at the Classic in Knoxville in March, my friend and I, both retired Air Force. I have gained a lot of knowledge from your videos. IMHO product videos are just as important for us newbies as fishing, so please, keep doing what you are doing.

Did have a question though, watched one of your videos on DD26, can you tell me what size Swing Away Tongue Trailer Lock and Coupler Lock you purchased. I have a 920 on order and would like to get these before the boat comes in. Thanks in advance.

12. Member
    I do not have a swing away lock, great idea though. I do have a coupler lock, hitch lock, spare lock, and graph locks that are all keyed the same. Google Durasafe locks. When you order, mark the box to have them keyed the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnee View Post
    I met you at the Classic in Knoxville in March, my friend and I, both retired Air Force. I have gained a lot of knowledge from your videos. IMHO product videos are just as important for us newbies as fishing, so please, keep doing what you are doing.

Did have a question though, watched one of your videos on DD26, can you tell me what size Swing Away Tongue Trailer Lock and Coupler Lock you purchased. I have a 920 on order and would like to get these before the boat comes in. Thanks in advance.
    Big Jim

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnee View Post
    , can you tell me what size Swing Away Tongue Trailer Lock and Coupler Lock you purchased.

https://trimaxlocks.com/shop/receive...r-tongue-lock/

https://durasafelocks.com/collection...e-trailer-lock
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com