Thread: Carpet Decals ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carpet Decals ?

How many of you guys have carpet decals? Pros & Cons? I like the look, my real hesitations are: How long will they last, and how will the carpet be under the decals after they are removed?

So wanted to hear from the group

2. Member
    carpet decals are like a tattoo on your forehead when you put it on the mess never goes away. carpet is trashed under them.

3. Member
    don't do it. the carpet will always show where stickers were due to sticky residue and sun fading that won't match.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

4. Member
    Never wanted one. What were you thinking of putting on? All y’all send pics of what cha got.

5. Member
    Unless you’re getting paid to put them on there, just dumb.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    Unless you’re getting paid to put them on there, just dumb.
    This,,, And a lot.

I'm not a fan of carpet decals.

I’ve had them. I had some really good quality ones from zdecals and they lasted about 2 years before they really started to crack. By year 3-4 they were not in good shape. The protective layer over the top peeled off too around year 3. Only way I think you should get them is if you want to replace them every 1-2 years with new ones or if you have the ability to recarpet the boat after you remove them because the fade with stay forever.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

9. Member
    I have been using ZDecals ! they are high quality but only last about 3 years before the get worn , cracked start to peel ! once they have been on that long all you can do is replace them because the carpet will be faded and will look like crap !

10. Member
    IMO don't do it. As some have mentioned, if removed, carpet will have glue residue and carpet under decal will be a different color. I don't get to paid to fish, so I don't advertise for anyone. Same way with car dealerships tags and decals on my vehicle after I purchase.
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

11. Member
    Just get a jersey instead, unless someone is paying you to put them on.

12. Member
    Not trying to be smart but... what is the point in them? Unless you are on TV or something I don't understand why? I get a boat wrap if you have sponsors... makes perfect sense. Boat no one can see your carpet unless you are making videos or on TV.

13. Member
    I have gotten holes in my 15 year old ranger and am using decals to cover them till I get the carpet replaced

14. Member
    Let’s see some pics of carper logos. Curious if it’s advertising, family photo, great sunrises or a big fish jumping out of the water.

15. Member
    I like mine. Had a custom one done with my name and a background. Turned out nice. Other than that i have the ruler from crossed industries, and triton ones to match the boat. Still in good shape after 3 years. But my boat stays in garage when not in use.

16. Member
    I had my carpet decals made by sponsor Iguana graphics. I put them on my boat in 2010 and they are still in pretty good shape. The decals are made of heavy vinyl and are self adhesive. The other thing I will say is that if it is cold outside the vinyl gets hard and you have to be careful not to drop anything sharp on the decals because it will put a hole in the graphic. Also if you kneel down and stick your finger on the graphic it could stretch and crack. Other than that, you can walk on them all day long. I am very happy with the quality of Iguana Graphics carpet decals. My carpet graphics say "Cadman's Custom jigs" because I make custom jigs. Here are some pics below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How are they applied??
    Phoenix 919 Merc 225 pro XS

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASS2277 View Post
    How are they applied??
    You peel off the backing and they are self stick. They have never moved and none of the corners have ever lifted up. I will say this, layout where you want the decal on your carpet before you stick on your decal. Don't stick it on then lift re-adjust and stick on. For anything round or oval like mine take some masking tape and locate it on the top , bottom, left and right sides of the decal. Find the center of your decal by measuring it and lightly transfer the marks with a pen to the edge of the decal where your masking tape is. Do the same on your boat carpet. Then peel of the decal backing, and line up all the marks from your decal onto your boat. Press down and slowly peel off the masking tape. I would suggest doing this in the summer or if your boat sits in a warm garage. It makes it a lot easier as the decal will not be as stiff. if you need more installation instructions, you can PM me. It is pretty easy to do. Just measure, measure and measure then apply.

I was told by Iguana Grafix that there is no glue residue once you pull it off. I do believe him based on the self stick back.

Thought about getting a couple that say MYOFB to cover some discoloration in my carpet.

In addition to what everyone else said, they are very slick when they get wet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast